INFLUENCE BODY MEASUREMENTS COWS UKRAINIAN BLACK-AND-WHITE DAIRY BREED AFTER THE FIRST CALVING ON THE FORMATION OF FURTHER MILK PRODUCTIVITI
The productivity cow dairy breed largely depends on the careful evaluation and selection of animals by milk production and the type of exterior. The estimation of animals by measuring of body plays an important role in plant-breeding work in the process of further improvement of the newly formed Ukrainian dairy breeds by the type. It’s because exterior is one of the main signs of breeding dairy cattle together with indicators of milk production, reproductive ability and productive longevity.
The aim of research was to investigate the formation of milk productivity of cows black and white dairy cattle based on their body measurements after the first calving.
The research was done on animals Ukrainian black-and-white dairy breed in the «Milk River» farm in the Sokal and Brody offices breeding reproducers «Breeder» Lviv region and plant-breeding «Yamnytsya» Ivano-Frankivsk region.
The body measurements of first calving cows (height at withers and depth of chest, breast width, chest girth, scythe body length, the width of the pelvic bones and metacarpus circumference cow) and milk productivity (the milk yield, fat content in milk and milk fat) cows first, second, third
and better lactation were studied by the materials zoo technical accounting. The force of influence on performance metrics was calculated by Single-factor disperse analysis method. The results of research were treated by variational statistics by G.F. Lakin.
Established that the milk yield of cows Ukrainian black-and-white dairy cattle depends on body measurements after the first calving. The cows Ukrainian black-and-white dairy breed in Western Ukraine that after the first calving had a height at the withers 134-136,9 cm, depth of chest – 76 cm or more, chest width – 47 cm or more, chest girth by shoulder blades – 196-203,9 cm, scythe body length – 160-164,9 cm, the width of the pelvic bones – 53 cm and metacarpus circumference cow –19-20,4 cm, are the most productive.
Animals with these measurements of the body most of the largest number of yield milk and milk fat had probable advantage over cows with other indicators of these measurements. By the fat
content in milk by the first, second, third and better lactation there was no significant difference between animals with different body measurements after the first calving in most cases.
Among the studied parameters milk productivity of cows and measurements of their bodies after first calving we found varying strength and direction of correlation. The correlation coefficients between body measurements firstborns and yield milk by the first, second, third and better lactation were positive and depended on measurements and lactation ranged from +0,297 to +0,478.
Between such measurements of firstborns, as the height at the withers, the depth of chest, width of chest, chest girth in blades, the width of the pelvic bones and with fat content in milk for the first, second, third and better lactation correlation coefficients were though low, but positive, and dependently on measurements and lactation were within +0,026 – +0,109. The correlation coefficients between the oblique body length after the first calving cows and fat content in milk were negative (-0,045 – -0,005) and between metacarpus circumference and fat ranged from negative to positive values (-0,038 – +0,017).
The correlation coefficients between measurements body in firstborn and milk fat yield in the first, second, third and better lactation were positive and dependently on measurements and lactation ranged from +0,288 to +0,473.
The likely positive correlation coefficient between soundings article body and yield milk and milk fat yield indicates that selection of cows by exterior will ensure the effectiveness of selection by milk productivity.
The impact of body measurements cows after first calving on the milk yield value dependently on lactation yield was 7,6-22,9 %, on the yield of milk fat – 7,1-22,9 %. The greatest influence on these indicators were height at the withers, the depth of the chest, chest girth shoulder blades and scythe body length, somewhat lower impact had breast width and the width of the pelvic bones and lowest – metacarpus circumference.
The impact of body measurements cows after first calving on the fat content in milk was negligible and, dependently on measurements and lactation ranged from 0,1 to 1,6 %.
2. Loboda, V. P. 2012. Osoblyvosti eksteryeru koriv-pervistok ukrayinskoyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody – Exterior Features cows firstborn Ukrainian red-spotted dairy cattle. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. 12: 21–23 (in Ukrainian).
3. Stavetska, R. V., and N. I. Klopenko. 2013. Efektyvnist provedennya vidboru koriv ukrayinskoyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody za eksteryerom – Effectiveness of selection cows Ukrainian black and white dairy cattle for exterior. Visnyk zhytomyrskoho natsionalnoho ahroekolohichnoho universytetu. – Journal of Zhytomyr National Agroecological University. 1 (2): 179–185 (in Ukrainian).
4. Salohub, A. M. 2011. Zvyazok statey eksteryeru koriv ukrayinskoyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody z nadoyem – Exterior cows Ukrainian red-spotted milk breed. Naukovyy visnyk Natsional'noho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannya Ukrayiny. – Herald of National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. 160 (2):223–226 (in Ukrainian).
5. Shevchenko, A. P., and L. M. Hmelnichiy. 2014. Liniyna otsinka buhayiv-plidnykiv holshtyns'koyi ta ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porid za ekster"yernym typom yikh dochok – Linear estimation of stud bulls of Holstein and Ukrainian black and white milk breeds on the exterior type of their daughters. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. 2/2: 114–120 (in Ukrainian).
6. Lakin, G. F. 1990. Biometrija: uchebnoe posobie – Biometrics: Textbook. Moscow, Vysshaja shkola, 352 (in Russian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.