PRODUCTIVE LONGEVITY DAUGHTERS OF SIRES UKRAINIAN BLACK-AND-WHITE DAIRY BREED
In pedigree farm of Cherkasy region, in the modern highly mechanized technologies of milk production, research on studying influence of sires’ heredity on the duration of use and lifetime productivity of their daughters was conducted. The research materials were withdrawn livestock of daughters of Ukrainian Black-and-White and Holstein sires in the amount of 784 head.
Duration of lactation, milk yield, content and yield of milk fat for the entire lactation were recorded for each lactation. The following indicators were studied: lifetime, duration of economic use, lifetime milk yield, lifetime milk fat yield, average lifetime fat content in milk, average milk yield per day, average milk yield for a day of economic use and the number of used lactations.
On assessing lifetime, the best were daughters of Ukrainian Black-and-White Dairy sires with indicators 3589 and 3303 days. A reliable difference in their favor in comparison with the average for the herd was 1351 and 1065 days (P < 0.001). Comparison of progeny of native sires and Holstein sires also showed significant predominance in lifetime of daughters in their favor, which ranged from 373 to 1841 days (P < 0.001), and duration of productive use – from 438 to 1815 days (P < 0.001).
Variability in the number of used lactations varied widely from 1.7 to 6.1 units. In the ranking on the ground of number of used lactations the first and second were sires of domestic breeding – Fajans (6.1lact.) and Avans (5.2 lact.). Most daughters of Holstein sires were used less than the average for the herd.
Highly reliable negative correlation between milk yield during the first lactation and the use duration indicators, the lack of correlation between the first lactation yield and lifetime yield obtained in our studies on experimental livestock of 784 head, gives grounds to assert that high milk yield during the first lactation leads to reduction in duration of use and does not always guarantee high figures of lifetime productivity.
Milk yield for a day of economic use has a high positive correlation with yield in the first lactation (r = 0.438), lifetime milk yield (r = 0.325), lifetime milk fat yield (r = 0.283) and, especially, yield for a day of life (r = 0.701). With traits of lifetime, economic use duration and CEU, milk yield per day of life has slight negative correlation.
Thus, according to figures of use duration and lifetime productivity for progeny of estimated sires of different origin, it is possible to make the generalization that improvement of Ukrainian dairy breeds should be based on the best genetic resources of sires of domestic breeding. When you use foreign breeding sires it is advisable to combine their breeding qualities with assessment of longevity.
According to the research should make the following conclusions. The duration of use and lifetime productivity of Ukrainian Black-and-White Dairy cows in the breeding herd are determined by of sires’ individual heredity. High level of milk yield during the first lactation in estimated sires’ progeny does not guarantee an increase in traits of economic use and lifetime productivity. Progeny of domestic breeding bulls was better by traits of productive longevity than purebred progeny of Holstein sires.
2. Bydantseva, E., and O. Kavardakova. 2012. Zavisimost' produktivnogo dolgoletiya korov ot geneticheskikh faktorov – Dependence productive longevity of cows from genetic factors. Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo – Dairy and beef husbandry. 3:17–18 (in Russian)
3. Pelekhatyy M. S., N. M. Shypota, Z. O. Volkivs'ka, and T. V. Fedorenko. 1999. Vidtvoryuval'na zdatnist' chorno-ryabykh koriv riznoho pokhodzhennya i henotypiv v umovakh Ukrayins'koho Polissya. Mizhnarodna naukovo-vyrobnycha konferentsiya „Selektsiyno-henetychni ta biotekhnolohichni metody konsolidatsiyi novostvorenykh porid i typiv sil's'kohospodars'kykh tvaryn» K.: Ahrarna nauka – Reproductive ability of Black-and-White cows of different origins and genotypes in the conditions of Ukrainian Polissya. International scientific-production conference "Breeding and genetic and biotechnological methods of consolidation of the newly created breeds and types of farm animals." – K.: Agrarian science, 180–182 (in Ukrainian)
4. Gabaev, M. S., and V. M. Gukezhev. 2011. Vliyanie urovnya razdoya pervotelok i krovnosti po krasno-pestroy golshtinskoy porode na produktivnoe dolgoletie i rentabel'nost' ispol'zovaniya korov – Influence the milking level of heifers and conditional part of blood at the Red-and-White Holstein breed on productive longevity and profitability of economic use cows. Vestnik Ul'yanovskoy gosudarstvennoy sel'skokhozyaystvennoy akademii – Bulletin of the Ulyanovsk State Agrarian Academy. 4:92–95 (in Russian).
5. Hladiy, M. V., Yu. P. Polupan, I. V., Bazyshyna, I. M. Bezrutchenko, and N. L. Polupan. 2015. Zv"yazok tryvalosti ta efektyvnosti dovichnoho vykorystannya koriv z okremymy oznakamy pervistok – Connection of duration and effectiveness lifetime use of cows with individual characteristics of heifers. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn. Mizhvidomchyy tematychnyy naukovyy zbirnyk – Animal Breeding and Genetics. Interdepartmental thematic scientific collection. 50:28–39 (in Ukrainian).
6. Klimov, N. N., L. A. Tanana, and T. M. Vasilets. 2010. Vliyanie paratipicheskikh faktorov na produktivnoe dolgoletie korov belorusskoy cherno-pestroy porody – Influence of paratypical factors on productive longevity cows of the Belarusian Black-and-White breed. Uchenye zapiski uchrezhdeniya obrazovaniya "Vitebskaya ordena "Znak pocheta" gosudarstvennaya akademiya veterinarnoy meditsiny" – Scientific notes of the educational institution "Vitebsk" Badge honor "state Academy of veterinary medicine". 461(2):142–145 (in Russian).
7. Kosyachenko, N. M., and M. A. Malyukova. 2014. Vliyanie geneticheskikh i paratipicheskikh faktorov na molochnuyu produktivnost' korov yaroslavskoy porody i ee pomesey s golshtinskoy – The influence of genetic and paratypical factors on milk productivity cows of the Yaroslavl breed and its crosses with Holstein. Niva Povolzh'ya – Niva Volga. 2(31):93–99 (in Russian).
8. Merkur'eva, E. K. 1970. Biometriya v selektsii i genetike sel'skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh – Biometrics in selection and genetics of agricultura lanimals. M. Kolos, 423. (in Russian).
9. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., A. M. Salohub, A. P. Shevchenko, and S. L. Khmel'nychyy. 2012. Minlyvist' dovichnoyi produktyvnosti koriv ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody zalezhno vid henealohichnykh formuvan' – The variability of lifetime productivity cows of the Ukrainian Black-and-White Dairy breed depending on genealogical groups. Visnyk Sums'koho natsional'noho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. Series of Animal Husbandry. 10(20):12–17 (in Ukrainian).
10. Ovchinnikova, L. Ju. 2007. Vliyanie otdel'nykh faktorov na produktivnoe dolgoletie korov – Influence of certain factors on productive longevity of cows. Zootehniya – Animal husbandry. 61:8–21 (in Russian).
11. Polupan, Yu. P. 2014. Efektyvnist' dovichnoho vykorystannya koriv riznykh krayin selektsiyi – Effectiveness of lifetime use cows in different countries of breeding. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. Series of Animal Husbandry. 2/2(25):14–20 (in Ukrainian).
12. Polupan, Yu. P. 2010. Metodyka otsinky selektsiynoyi efektyvnosti dovichnoho vykorystannya koriv molochnyk hporid – Method of estimating breeding efficiency, lifetimeuse cows of dairy breeds – Metodolohiya naukovykh doslidzhen' z pytan' selektsiyi, henetyky ta biotekhnolohiyi u tvarynnytstvi. Materialy naukovo-teoretychnoyi konferentsiyi, prysvyachenoyi pam"yati akademika UAAN Valeriya Petrovycha Burkata (Chubyns'ke, 25 lyutoho 2010 roku). Kyiv. Ahrarna nauka, 93–95. (in Ukrainian).
13. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., and V. V. Vechorka. 2016. Vplyv buhayiv-plidnykiv na produktyvne dovholittya koriv ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody – Influence of sires on productive longevity cows of the Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed. Naukovo-tekhnichnyy byuleten' NDTs biobezpeky ta ekolohichnoho kontrolyu resursiv APK. Dnipropetrovs'k – Scientific and technical bulletin SIC biosafety and environmental control resources agribusiness. Dnipropetrovsk. 4:267–273 (in Ukrainian).
14. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., and V. V. Vechorka. 2016. Efektyvnist' vplyvu henealohichnykh formuvan' na pokaznyky dovholittya ta dovichnoyi produktyvnosti koriv ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody – Effectiveness influence of genealogical formations on the indicators of longevity and lifetime productivity cows of the Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. 1(29):3–10 (in Ukrainian).
15. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., and Yu. M. Boyko 2010. Efektyvnist' dovichnoho vykorystannya koriv riznoyi liniynoyi nalezhnosti ukrayins'koyi buroyi molochnoyi porody – Effectiveness of lifetime use cows of various linear belonging Ukrainian Brown Dairy breed. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Nauk. zhurnal. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. 10 (18):9–12 (in Ukrainian).
16. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., A. M. Salohub, V. M. Bondarchuk, and A. P. Shevchenko. 2015. Molochna produktyvnist' koriv oderzhanykh pry vnutrishn'o-liniynomu pidbori ta mizhliniynykh krosakh – Milk yield of cows received in the internal linear selection and interline crosses. Naukovo-teoretychnyy zbirnyk Zhytomyrs'koho natsional'noho ahroekolohichnoho universytetu. ZhNAEU – Scientific-theoretical collection Zhytomyr National Agroecological University. ZHNAEU. 2 (52)/3:51-56 (in Ukrainian).
17. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., and V. V. Vechorka. 2014. Otsinka potomstva liniy ta buhayiv-plidnykiv holshtyns'koyi porody kanads'koyi selektsiyi za oznakamy dovichnoyi produktyvnosti – Estimation of progeny lines and sires of Holstein Canadian breeding on the grounds of lifetime productivityю Naukovyy visnyk natsional'noho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannya Ukrayiny. Seriya: Tekhnolohiya vyrobnytstva i pererobky produktsiyi tvarynnytstva – Scientific Bulletin of National University of bioresources and environmental sciences of Ukraine. Series: Technology of production and processing of livestock products. 202:83–90 (in Ukrainian).
18. Khmel'nichiy, L. M., and V. V. Vecherka. 2015. Pozhiznennaya produktivnost' i dlitel'nost' ispol'zovaniya korov ukrainskoy krasno-pestroy molochnoy porody raznykh genotipov Puti prodleniya produktivnoy zhizni molochnykh korov na osnove optimizatsii razvedeniya, tekhnologiy soderzhaniya i kormleniya zhivotnykh [tekst]: – Lifetime productivity and the duration of use cows of the Ukrainian Red-and-White dairy breed of different genotypes. Way of prolonging the productive life of dairy cows based on the optimization of breeding, technologies of keeping and feeding of animals [text]: materialy mezhdunar. nauch. - prakt. konf., (28-29 maya, pos. Dubrovitsy) VIZh im. L.K. Ernsta – materials of Intern. Scientific - pract. conf. (May 28-29, village Dubrovicy) All-Russian research Institute of animal husbandry named after L. K. Ernst, 159–162 (in Russian).
19. Khmel'nichiy, L. M., A. M. Salohub, V. M. Bondarchuk, and V. P. Loboda. 2015. Pokaznyky dovichnoyi produktyvnosti koriv ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody zalezhno vid metodiv pidboru – Indicators lifetime productivity of cows Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed depending on selection methods. Tavriys'kiy naukovyy visnyk: Naukovyy zhurnal. Kherson: Hrin' D. S. Tavria Scientific Bulletin: Science journal. Kherson: Grin D. C. 93:191–196. (in Ukrainian).
20. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., A. M. Salohub, V. M. Bondarchuk, and V. P. Loboda. 2015. Tryvalist' vykorystannya ta dovichna produktyvnist' koriv zalezhno vid metodiv pidboru ta buhayiv-plidnykiv ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody. Duration of use and lifetime productivity of cows depending on the selection methods of sires Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed. Visnyk Sums'koho natsional'noho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. Series of Animal Husbandry. 6 (28):65–70 (in Ukrainian).
21. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., and V. P. Loboda. 2014. Udoskonalennya stada z rozvedennya ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody za pokaznykamy dovichnoyi produktyvnosti – Improvement of the herd for the breeding of Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed on indicators of lifetime productivity. Visnyk Sums'koho natsional'noho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. Series of Animal Husbandry. 2/1(24):91–97 (in Ukrainian).
22. Khmel'nichiy, L. M., and V. V. Vecherka. 2016. Effektivnost' vliyaniya genealogicheskikh formirovaniy na pokazateli dolgoletiya i pozhiznennoy produktivnosti korov ukrainskoy cherno-pestroy molochnoy porody – Efficacy of genealogical groups on indicators of longevity and lifetime productivity cows of Ukrainian Black-and-White Dairy breed. Tavricheskiy nauchnyy obozrevatel'. Spetsvypusk. Selektsionno-geneticheskie i ekologo-tekhnologicheskie problemy povysheniya dolgoletnego produktivnogo ispol'zovaniya molochnykh i myasnykh korov. Bryanskiy GAU – Taurian scientific observer. Special Issue. Selection-genetic and ecological and technological problems of increasing the productive use of many years dairy and beef cows. Bryansk SAU. 5(10)/2:23–28 (in Russian).
23. Chechenihina, O. S. 2014. Vliyanie bykov-proizvoditeley na produktivnoe dolgoletie docherey – Effect of sires on productive longevity of daughters. Agrarnyy nauchnyy zhurnal – Agrarian scientific magazine. 11:42–46 (in Russian).
24. Sharafutdinov, G., R. Shaydulin, S. Hanifatullin, and I. Hasanov. 2002. Vliyanie razlichnyh faktorov na produktivnoe dolgoletie korov – The influence of various factors on productive longevity of cows. Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo. – Dairy and beef husbandry. 5:25–28 (in Russian).
25. Effa, K., D. Hunde, M. Shumiye, and R. H. Silasie. 2013. Analysis of longevity traits and lifetime productivity of crossbred dairy cows in the Tropical Highlands of Ethiopia. Journal of Cell and Animal Biology. 7(11):138–143.
26. Jenko, J., G. Gorjanc, M. Kovač, and V. Ducrocq. 2013. Comparison between sire-maternal grandsire and animal models for genetic evaluation of longevity in a dairy cattle population with small herds. J. Dairy Sci. 96(12):8002–8013.
27. Murray, B. 2013. Finding the tools to achieve longevity in Canadian Dairy cows. WCDS Advances in Dairy Technology.25:15–28.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.