CHARACTERISTICS OF PRODUCTIVE QUALITIES OF FAMILIES OF RED WHITE BELTED PIGS IN SE «RF ZORYANE» BREEDING FARM
The most perspective genotype in our region is Red White-belted breed, which has high performance both under pure breeding and under crossing with other breeds. The results of complex evaluation of Red White-belted swine of the herd bred in SE "RF Zoryane" breeding farm are presented. It was revealed that animals of the farm comply with elite class and the first class. The main breeding boars used at the farm belong to such genealogical lines: Deviz, Division, Dantist, Debut, and Dobryak. In the structure of the herd, the most numerous was Dobryak line, which part was 58.8%, Division, Debut, Devis lines – 11.8% per line, Dantist line – 5.8%.
The herd sows belong to 7 families: Drabowka, Dekada, Dyktsiya, Doina, Dylema, Delta, Dogma. Average prolificacy of the sows was 10.0 piglets. Litter weight at 60 days’ age was 181.0 kg, and live weight of piglet – 19.0 kg. The performance of sows as prolificacy increased by 0.6 head on average. The complex appraisal index for the herd was 104.1 points.
The average daily gain of the replacement pigs was 570 g. The highest daily gain was from five to six months – 611.2 g, and the figure of compactness index characterized a certain elongation of animals, increasing meat traits.
Further work with Red White-belted breed aims at preserving and expanding the breeding base and genealogical structure, as well as increasing the reproductive, fattening and meat traits.
2. Lisnyy, V. A., A. I. Kozyn, and N. S. Savosik. 2008. Novi liniyi v noviy porodi – The new lines in new breed. Ahroeksklyuzyv – Agricultural exclusive. 1(7):55–56 (in Ukrainian).
3. 2003. Instruktsiya z bonituvannya svyney; Instruktsiya z vedennya pleminnoho obliku u svynarstvi – Instructions bonitation of pigs; Instructions breeding in pig keeping. Kyiv, University of Kyiv, 64 (in Ukrainian).
4. Rybalko, V. P. 2002. Selektsiynyy protses nabuvaye zavershennya – Selection process shall end V.P.Rybalko. Tvarynnytstvo Ukrayiny – Livestock of Ukraine. 10:11–12 (in Ukrainian).
5. Rybalko, V. P., and V. M. Nahayevych. 2003. Nova vitchyznyana populyatsiya chervono-bilopoyasykh svyney m"yasnoho napryamku produktyvnosti – New domestic populations of red-striped pig of meat production performance. Poltava, 10 (in Ukrainian).
6. Rybalko, V. P., V. A. Lisnyy, O. H. Fesenko, and V. M. Nahayevych. 2011. Chervona bilopoyasa poroda m"yasnykh svyney ta zootekhnolohichni vymohy proyavlennya yikh produktyvnosti – Red-striped meat breed pigs and zootechnic requirements manifestation of its performance. Praktychni rekomendatsiyi – Practical recommendations. Poltava. 3–26 (in Ukrainian).
7. Savchuk, L. G. 2005. Modelyuvannya pokaznykiv rostu molodnyaka svyney riznykh henotypiv –Modeling growth rates of young pigs of different genotypes. Visnyk ahrarnoyi nauky Prychornomor"ya – Bulletin of Agricultural Science Black Sea. 1:209–211 (in Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.