FEATURES OF HEREDITARY INFLUENCE OF HOLSTEIN BLOOD SHARE ON INDICATORS OF LONGEVITY OF COWS OF UKRAINIAN RED-AND-WHITE DAIRY BREED
At the base of a breeding farm in Cherkassy region, with the modern highly mechanized technologies of milk production, five groups of cows – the crossbred genotypes of Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed with a gradation of 12,5% blood share of Holstein (I – 37,5-50,0; II – 50,1-62,5; III – 62,6-75,0; IV – 75,1-87,5; V – 87,6-100,0) were studied. The aim of this study was to explore the impact of Holstein heredity on indicators of life expectancy, economic use and lifetime productivity of cows.
The results of retrospective analysis proved significant effect of Holstein conditional heredity on indicators of life expectancy, economic use and lifetime productivity of the Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy cows of the experimental farm. The best among all five groups by indicators of life expectancy, economic use, number of lactations, lifetime milk yield and yield of milk fat, and milk yield for one day were the crossbred genotypes of the second group with conditional heredity of Holsteins 50,1-62,5 %.
The advantage of the second group of animals with Holstein heredity from 50,1 to 62,5 % differed significantly in life expectancy and economic use exceeding other groups of animals by these traits by 451-1449 and 465-1472 days respectively with a significant difference at P<0,001, except their comparison with the first group. The animals of this group were used the longest in the herd, during five lactations and characterized by the highest coefficient of economic use and it is higher by 1,2-3,1 lactation and by 6,0-20,7 coefficient of economic use respectively, with degree of reliability at P<0,01-0,001 compared with all the groups of crossbred genotypes.
For lifetime milk productivity advantage was also in favor of crossbred animals with Holstein heredity from 50,1 to 62,5%. If milk yields of crossbred genotypes of the first and third groups were less than the yield of animals of the second group only by 5571 and 5848 kg (P<0,05 and 0,01), then for high-blood genotypes of the fourth and fifth groups they were less by 11813 and 14021 kg at P<0,001 or in 1,7 and 2,0 times. In general, cows with the highest share of Holstein blood (87,6-100,0%), and this is genotype which will have a dominant distribution in the array of Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed at least for one or maximum for two generations, with 305-day milk yield of first-calf heifers of 5677 kg and for one day of economic use 14,0 kg of milk exceeded other groups of crossbred genotypes with degree of reliability by 455-806 (P<0,001) and 0,8-2,5 (P<0,01-0,001) kg of milk respectively; it unconditionally testifies to positive influence of Holstein heredity on these traits.
The best crossbred genotypes by indicators of life expectancy, economic use, number of lactations and lifetime productivity were with 50,1-62,5% share of Holstein blood in the herd of Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy cattle. Productivity of crossbred cows per lactation increased with growing share of Holstein blood, but indicators of longevity and lifetime productivity decreased significantly, especially at high-blood animals with heredity of improving breed higher than 75,1%.
2. Burkat, V. P. 2003. Selektsiya i henetyka u tvarynnytstvi: stan, problemy, perspektyvy – Breeding and genetics in livestock: status, problems, prospects. Visnyk Ukrayins'koho tovarystva henetykiv i selektsioneriv – Bulletin of the Ukrainian Society of geneticists and breeders. 1:37–54 (in Ukrainian).
3. Pelekhatyy, M. S., N. M. Shypota, Z. O. Volkivs'ka, and T. V. Fedorenko. 1999. Vidtvoryuval'na zdatnist' chorno-ryabykh koriv riznoho pokhodzhennya i henotypiv v umovakh Ukrayins'koho polissya – The reproductive ability of Black-and-White cows of different origins and genotypes in the conditions of Ukrainian Polissya. Mizhnarodna naukovo-vyrobnycha konferentsiya «Selektsiyno-henetychni ta biotekhnolohichni metody konsolidatsiyi novostvorenykh porid i typiv sil's'kohospodars'kykh tvaryn» – International Scientific-production conference «Selection-genetic and biotechnological methods of the newly created breeds and types consolidation of farm animals». Kyiv, Ahrarna nauka, 180–182 (in Ukrainian).
4. Danylenko, V. P., and I. A. Rudyk. 2012. Do pytannya efektyvnosti vykorystannya molochnykh porid u hospodarstvi – To the question of efficiency use of dairy breeds in agriculture. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn - Animal Breeding and Genetics. Kyiv, Ahrarna nauka, 46:63–66 (in Ukrainian).
5. Hladiy, M. V., Yu. P. Polupan, I. V. Bazyshyna, I. M. Bezrutchenko, and N. L. Polupan. 2015. Zv"yazok tryvalosti ta efektyvnosti dovichnoho vykorystannya koriv z okremymy oznakamy pervistok – The connection duration and the effectiveness of lifetime use cows with individual traits of the firstborn. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn – Animal Breeding and Genetics. Kyiv, Ahrarna nauka, 50: 28–39 (in Ukrainian).
6. Basovskiy, N. Z., V. P. Burkat, V. I. Vlasov, and V. P. Kovalenko. 1994. Krupnomasshtabnaya selektsiya v zhivotnovodstve – Large-scale breeding in animal husbandry. Kyiv, Asotsiatsiya Ukrayina, 360 (in Russian).
7. Loretts, O. G. 2014.Vliyanie geneticheskikh i ekologicheskikh faktorov na produktivnoe dolgoletie – The influence of genetic and environmental factors on productive longevity. Agrarnyy vestnik Urala – Agrarian Bulletin of the Urals. 9 (127): 34–37 (in Russian).
8. Merkur'eva, E. K. 1970. Biometriya v selektsii i genetike sel'skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh – Biometrics in selection and genetics of agricultural animals. Moscow, Kolos, 423 (in Russian).
9. Khmel'nychyi, L. M., A. M. Salohub, A. P. Shevchenko, and S. L. Khmel'nychyi. 2012. Minlyvist' dovichnoyi produktyvnosti koriv ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody zalezhno vid henealohichnykh formuvan' – Variability lifetime productivity of cows Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy cattle based on genealogical groups. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, Series of Animal husbandry. 10 (20):12–17 (in Ukrainian).
10. Nardid, A., N. Ivanova, and V. Kutrovskiy. 2011. Effektivnost' razvedeniya korov cherno-pestroy porody raznykh genotipov – The efficiency of breeding cows Black-and-White breed of different genotypes. Molochnoe I myasnoe skotovodstvo - Dairy and beef cattle. 6:17-18 (in Russian).
11. Polupan, Yu. P. 2010. Metodyka otsinky selektsiynoyi efektyvnosti dovichnoho vykorystannya koriv molochnykh porid – Method of estimating breeding efficiency, lifetime use cows of dairy breeds. Metodolohiya naukovykh doslidzhen' z pytan' selektsiyi, henetyky ta biotekhnolohiyi u tvarynnytstvi. Materialy naukovo-teoretychnoyi konferentsiyi (Chubyns'ke, 25 lyutoho 2010 roku) – Methodology of scientific researches on breeding, genetics and biotechnology in animal husbandry. Materials of scientific-theoretical conference (Chubinsky, February 25, 2010). Kyiv, Ahrarna nauka, 93–95 (in Ukrainian).
12. Rudenko, O. V., and S. P. Eremin. 2015. Vliyanie krovnosti po golshtinskoy porode na produktivnoe dolgoletie I pozhiznennuyu molochnuyu produktivnost' cherno-pestrykh korov – The influence of kinship on Holstein breed on productive longevity and lifetime milk productivity of black-pied cows. Vestnik Ul'yanovskoy gosudarstvennoy sel'skokhozyaystvennoy akademii im. P. A. Stolypina - Bulletin of the Ulyanovsk State Agricultural Academy named by P. A. Stolypin. 2(30):132–136 (in Russian).
13. Salohub, A. M., and L. M. Khmel'nychyi. 2010. Produktyvnist' koriv ukrayins'koyi buroyi molochnoyi porody riznykh henotypiv. Problemy zooinzheneriyi ta veterynarnoyi medytsyny – The productivity of cows Ukrainian brown dairy breed of different genotypes. Problems zooengineering and veterinary medicine. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats' Kharkivs'koyi derzhavnoyi zoovetakademiyi –Proceedings of the Kharkiv State Veterinary Academy. 21(1):249–256 (in Ukrainian).
14. Serdyuk, G. N. 2015. Problema produktivnogo dolgoletiya pri golshtinizatsii otechestvennykh porod krupnogo rogatogo skota i puti ee resheniya – Problem of productive longevity Holstein domestic breeds of cattle and ways of its decision. Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo – Dairy and beef cattle. 6:7–10 (in Russian).
15. Burkat, V. P., M. Ya. Yefimenko, O. F. Khavruk, and V. B. Blyznychenko. 1992. Formuvannya vnutriporodnykh typiv molochnoyi khudoby – The formation intra-breed types of dairy cattle. Kyiv, Urozhay, 200 (in Ukrainian).
16. Khmel'nichiy, L. M., and V. P. Loboda. 2014. Otsenka vliyaniya nasledstvennykh faktorov na pokazateli pozhiznennoy produktivnosti korov ukrainskoy krasno-pestroy molochnoy porody – Evaluation the influence of genetic factors on indicators of lifetime productivity cows of the Ukrainian red-pied dairy breed. Aktual'nye problemy intensivnogo razvitiya zhivotnovodstva: sbornik nauchnykh trudov Belorusskoy gos. sel'khoz. akademii. Gorki, BGSKhA – Actual problems of intensive livestock development: Сollection of scientific works of the Belarusian state agricultural Academy. Gorki, BSAA. 17(2):159-165 (in Russian).
17. Khmel'nichiy, L. M., and V. V. Vecherka. 2015. Pozhiznennaya produktivnost' i dlitel'nost' ispol'zovaniya korov ukrainskoy krasno-pestroy molochnoy porody raznykh genotipov – Lifetime productivity and the duration of use cows Ukrainian red-motley dairy breed of different genotypes. Puti prodleniya produktivnoy zhizni molochnykh korov na osnove optimizatsii razvedeniya, tekhnologiy soderzhaniya i kormleniya zhivotnykh – Ways of extending the productive life of dairy cows on the basis of optimization of breeding and feeding technologies. Materially mezhdunar. nauchno-prakt. konf., (28-29 maya, pos. Dubrovitsy) VIZh im. L. K. Ernsta – Proceedings of the international scientific- practical Conference (28-29 may 2015, Dubrovitsy) named L. K. Ernst. 159–162 (in Russian).
18. Khmel'nychyi, L. M., and Yu. M. Boyko. 2010. Efektyvnist' dovichnoho vykorystannya koriv riznoyi liniynoyi nalezhnosti ukrayins'koyi buroyi molochnoyi porody – The effectiveness lifetime use of cows various linear accessory of Ukrainian brown dairy breed. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, Series of Animal husbandry. 10(18):9–12 (in Ukrainian).
19. Khmel'nychyi, L. M., A. M. Salohub, V. M. Bondarchuk, and A. P. Shevchenko. 2015. Molochna produktyvnist' koriv oderzhanykh pry vnutrishn'o-liniynomu pidbori ta mizhliniynykh krosakh – Milk yield of cows received in the internal linear selection and interline crosses. Naukovo-teoretychnyy zbirnyk Zhytomyrs'koho natsional'noho ahroekolohichnoho universytetu. ZhNAEU – Scientific-theoretical collection Zhytomyr National Agroecological University. ZHNAEU. 2(52):51–56 (in Ukrainian).
20. Khmel'nychyi, L. M., A. M. Salohub, V. M. Bondarchuk, and V. P. Loboda. 2015. Pokaznyky dovichnoyi produktyvnosti koriv ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody zalezhno vid metodiv pidboru – Indicators lifetime productivity of cows Ukrainian red-motley dairy breed depending on selection methods. Tavriys'kiy naukovyy visnyk. Naukovyy zhurnal – Tavria Scientific Bulletin. Science journal. Kherson. 93:191–196 (in Ukrainian).
21. Khmel'nychyi, L. M., and V. P. Loboda, 2014. Udoskonalennya stada z rozvedennya ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboy i molochnoyi porody za pokaznykamy dovichnoyi produktyvnosti – Improvement the herd for the breeding of Ukrainian red-white dairy breed on indicators of lifetime productivity. Visnyk Sums'koho NAY. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, Series of Animal husbandry. 2/1(24):91–97 (in Ukrainian).
22. Khmel'nychyi L. M. 2003. Otsinka henealohichnykh formuvan' za stupenem fenotypovoyi konsolidatsiyi – Assessment genealogical groups in the degree of phenotypic consolidation. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya Tvarynnytstvo – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, Series of Animal husbandry. 7:269–275 (in Ukrainian).
Copyright (c) 2018 Animal Breeding and Genetics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.