CHARACTERISTICS OF THE GENETIC STRUCTURE OF LEBEDINIAN BREED BULLS FOR THE KAPPA-CASEIN GENE (CSN3)
The aim of the work is to analyze the distribution of allelic variants of genes associated with the signs of milk productivity of animals, in particular, Kappa–casein loci and to establish on its basis genetic structure of the population of producers of the Lebedinian breed by the Kappa-casein gene.
Material and methods of research. The material for the research was the sperm of bulls of the Lebedinian breed cattle (n = 12 heads), evaluated by the quality of offspring. Determination of Kappa-casein gene polymorphism was carried out by PLR-PDFR method in the laboratory of Institute of Animal Husbandry of NAAS. Statistical data processing was carried out on a PC according to the generally accepted methodology using MS Excel software.
Research result. The genetic study of the sperm production of 12 bulls of the Lebedinian breed by the gene Kappa-casein (CSN3) was aimed at studying the genetic characteristics of each of the bull and taking into account the possibilities of using their sperm production in custom-made sails.
The analysis of the genealogical structure showed that 12 bulls were referred to 8 lines. Of the 12 pedigrees, 5 purebred Lebedinian bulls and 7 crosses with Swiss breed bulls. Among the studied bulls by the CSN3 gene, two bulls of the desired homozygous genotype BB were identified – Final 1008, Zaychyk 17000; 6 bulls were homozygous for the AA genotype, 4 bulls were heterozygous.
The frequency of the desired BB genotype among the studied animals was 0.17, and the frequency of carriers of the AA genotype was 0.50. The frequency of carriers of heterozygous genotype AB was 0.33. The frequency of carriers of allele A in the studied animals is 0.66, which is almost twice the frequency of allele B – 0.34.
The frequency of allele B in Kappa-casein in herds for the preservation of the Lebedinian breed can be increased by using bulls who have a B-allelic variant of Kappa-casein in their genome.
Summary. The bulls of the Lebedinian breed recorded a sufficiently high frequency of allele variant in the Kappa-casein locus, which allows for further selection of cattle aimed at increasing the suitability for cheese production of milk. The presence of identified bulls with desirable genotypes of BB and AB Kappa-casein makes it possible to create herds that produce milk with higher technological properties in the production of cheese.
2. Bolhova, N. V. 2009. Selektsiino-henetychna otsinka promizhnykh henotypiv ukrainskoi buroi molochnoi porody, shcho stvoriuietsia : avtoreferat dys. na zdobuttya stupenya k. s.-g. n. za spetsіal'nіstyu 06.02.01. – Plant-breeding-genetic estimation of intermediate genotypes by the Ukrainian borax of suckling breed which is created. Chubynske, 22 (in Ukrainian).
3. Kopylova, K. V. 2012. Molekuliarno-henetychni markery v systemi zberezhennia bioriznomanittia silskohospodarskykh tvaryn : avtoref. dys. d-ra s.-h. nauk – Molecular genetic markers in the system of conservation of biodiversity of farm animals : Thesis doctor of agricultural sciences. Chubynske, 36 (іn Ukrainian)
4. Ladyka, V. I. 1999. Selektsiini aspekty yakisnoho udoskonalennia populiatsii lebedynskoi khudo-by : avtoreferat dys. na zdobuttya stupenya d. s.-g. n. za spetsіal'nіstyu 06.02.01. Seiektion aspects qualitative perfection popuiation of Lebedyn Breed. Chubynske, 32 (in Ukrainian).
5. Prykhodko, M. F. 2009. Otsinka produktyvnosti ta tekhnolohichnykh vlastyvostei moloka novo-stvorenykh porid i typiv khudoby pivnichno-skhidnoho rehionu Ukrainy : avtoreferat dys. na zdobuttya stupenya k. s.-g. n. za spetsіal'nіstyu 06.02.04. – Estimation of productivity and technological properties of milk of newly developed livestock breeds and types in the north-eastern region of Ukraine. Kherson, 21 (in Ukrainian).
6. Salohub, A. M. 2001. Selektsiino–henetychni aspekty formuvannia skotarstva pivnichno–skhidnoho rehionu Ukrainy : avtoreferat dys. na zdobuttya stupenya d. s.-g. n. za spetsіal'nіstyu 06.02.04. – Selective and genetic aspects of cattle formation in the North–eastern region of Ukraine. Kharkiv, 36 (in Ukrainian).
7. Chumel, R. A. Genetiko-bIohImIchnI ta produktivnI osoblivostI hudobi pIvnIchno-shIdnogo regIonu UkraYini : avtoreferat dys. na zdobuttya stupenya k.s.-g.n. za spetsіal'nіstyu 06.02.01. – Genetics-biochemical and productive peculiarities oa cattle of north-eastern region of Ukraine. Chubynske, 21 (in Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.