INFLUENCE OF DIFFERENT VERSIONS ARTIFICIAL INSEMINATION OF GILTS OF THEIR TRAITS OF THE REPRODUCTIVE ABILITY CONSOLIDATION
In addition to assessing the absolute performance of animals, the impact of certain technological approaches, breeding influence and other external organized factors on the consolidation of pigs groups on certain grounds should be evaluated. Breeding consolidation is a desirable breeding process that is realized through more motivated consolidation of intra-breeding structural units for maintaining a significant level of intergroup differentiation and variability. If the issue relates to the rearing young animals that are introduced into the herd, this is the most urgent issue that needs to be monitored.
The purpose of the research is to determine the consociality of the main signs of reproductive ability of the gilts, which are checked at different rates of artificial insemination of sows of the main herd.
The research was carried out at the Shubs`ke farm in the Bogoduhivsky District of Kharkiv Oblast at the pig farm for the pure breeding of the Welsh breed pigs (breeding reproductive status from 2014). In order to evaluate the optimal multiplicity (from single to triple), a gilts with a total of 30 heads was selected. The main indicators of reproductive ability of gilts (multiplicity, weight of nest at birth and excommunication and keeping piglets before weaning on day 28) were evaluated. Recalculation on the weight of the litter at weaning at the weight of the nest at extermination in 60 days was carried out in accordance with the current instruction on the boning of pigs. The results of researches were worked out according to traditional methods by the method of variation statistics. Consolidation of individual indicators of reproductive capacity of gilts was calculated to the total number of evaluated animals.
In the previous stage of the research, it was found that the use of multiple insemination of gilts compared to single insemination is positively reflected at the level of their reproductive ability. A decrease in the percentage of non-productive inseminants in animal groups has been established. Triple insemination of gilts allows for 1.14 piglets to be obtained more compared to single insemination of the same pigs (p < 0.01). Also, for three times insemination of gilts, in comparison with single insemination, larger nest for weaning were obtained (by 14.24 kg, converted to 60th day p < 0.01). At the same time, the reduction in the keeping of piglets to weaning for increase frequency of insemination of gilts.
According to the multiplicity of gilts, the most consolidated level of symptoms per group was obtained for single insemination.
Increasing the multiplicity of insemination negatively affected the consolidation of the multiplicity of the piglets (as for determining the coefficients of phenotypic consolidation due to the mean square deviation, so, and for determining the coefficient of variability). The least consolidated in terms of multiplicity were uterus for double insemination.
It should also be noted that there is little difference, in general, on the indicators of the theonotypical consolidation of the multiplicity of piglets between different groups of animals. So this difference between the most contrasting groups was 0.447 points for determining the coefficients due to the mean square deviation and 0.397 points for the determination due to the coefficient of variability, respectively.
By weight of the same litters at birth, the most consolidated group was gilts, which was inseminated twice. The least consolidated are trimmed three times, respectively. The difference as a whole, according to the indicators of the theonotype consolidation of the mass of the litter’s piglets at birth, between different groups of pigs was even smaller. The difference between the most contrasting groups was 0.270 points for determining the coefficients due to the mean square deviation and 0.260 points for the determination due to the coefficient of variability, respectively.
On the basis of the mass of the litter at weaning, the most consolidated level of symptoms was obtained in the group of gilts for triple insemination. The least consolidated group, respectively, was gilts for single insemination.
At the same time, on the basis of the weight of the litter at weaning, the slightest differences were obtained after the consolidation of the signs between different groups of pigs. The difference between the most contrasting groups was 0.173 points for determining the coefficients due to the mean square deviation and 0.248 points for the determination due to the coefficient of variation, respectively.
At different rates of insemination of gilts, there are no significant differences between the groups between the groups in terms of the consolidation of signs of reproductive ability. Also, there was no clear effect on increasing the multiplicity of insemination of gilts to the consolidation of their signs of reproductive qualities.
2. Zhukorskyi, O. M., O. M. Tsereniuk, and O. V. Akimov. 2017. Pidvyshchennia vidtvornoi zdatnosti svynomatok uelskoi porody – Improvement of reproductive capacity of sows of the Welsh breed. Visnyk agrarnoi' nauky Prychornomor’ja – Bulletin of the Agrarian Science of the Black Sea Region. 9:31–34 (in Ukrainian).
3. Melnyk, Ju. F., V. A. Pyshcholka, A. M. Litovchenko, O. V. Bilous, L. V. Vyshnevskyi, N. V. Kudriavska, O. O. Chorna, V. P. Rybalko, M. D. Berezovskyi, S. L. Voitenko, I. V. Khatko, L. P. Hryshyna, and L. M. Tsiutsiurskyi. 2003. Іnstrukcіja z bonіtuvannja svinej; Іnstrukcіja z vedennja plemіnnogo oblіku u svinarstvі – Instruction for boning pigs; Instruction on keeping breeding records in pig breeding. Kiyiv, Selektsiya, 64 (in Ukrainian).
4. Martinjuk, І. M., І. M. Timofіenko, and Yu. V. Chereuta. 2015. Pіdvishhennja efektivnostі shtuchnogo osіmenіnnja svinej – Increasing the efficiency of artificial insemination of pigs. Tavrіjs'kij naukovij vіsnik – Tavrian scientific bulletin. 93:139–144 (in Ukrainian).
5. Martinjuk, І. M. 2014. Shtuchne osіmenіnnja – bazovij metod vedennja galuzі svinarstva – Artificial insemination is the basic method of conducting the pig breeding industry. Naukovo-tehnіchnij bjuleten' – Scientific-technical bulletin. 112:76–81 (in Ukrainian).
6. Tsereniuk, O. M., A. A. Belikov, I. M. Martinyuk, T. A. Strizhak, O. V. Akimov, V. V. Kunets`, Yu. V. Chereuta, I. M. Timofienko, M. V. Tserenyuk, O. C. Miroshnikova, M. L. Lisichenko, and O. V. Stolyarov. 2015. Organіzacіja vіdtvorennja svinej metodom shtuchnogo osіmenіnnja: naukovo-praktichnі rekomendacіi – Organization of reproduction of pigs by artificial insemination: scientific and practical recommendations. Kharkiv, IAS UAAS, 55 (in Ukrainian).
7. Tsereniuk, O. M., I. V. Korh, O. V. Akimov, T. A. Strizhak, N. N. Shkavro, M. A. Khvatova, I. M. Martinyuk, A. V. Palaguta, A. I. Tronchyuk, Yu. V. Chereuta, I. V. Timofienko, V. O. Romanova, M. V. Tserenyuk, and O. M. Maltsev. 2015. Pidvyshchennia realizatsii henetychnoho potentsialu produktyvnosti svynei porid landras i uels za vidtvoriuvalnymy ta vidhodivelnymy yakostiamy : naukovo-metodychnyi posibnyk – Improvement of realization of genetic potential of productivity of pigs of Landrace and Welsh breed for reproductive and fattening qualities : scientific and methodical manual. Kharkiv, IAS UAAS, 80 (in Ukrainian).
8. Polupan, Yu. P., N. L. Ryeznykova, and N. L. Polupan. 2011. Metodyka otsinky stupenya fenotypovoyi konsolidovanosti selektsiynykh hrup tvaryn na populyatsiynomu rivni – Method of estimation of the degree of phenotype consolidation of breeding groups of animals at population level. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals. 45:207–216 (in Ukrainian).
9. Polupan, Yu. P. 1996. Otsenka stepeni fenotipicheskoy konsolidatsii genealogicheskikh grupp zhivotnykh – Estimation of the degree of phenotypic consolidation of genealogical groups of animals. Zootekhniya – Zootechny. 10:13–15 (in Russian).
10. Stavetska, R. V., and N. A. Piotrovych. 2015. Vplyv henotypu knuriv na reproduktyvni yakosti svynomatok – The boar genotype influence on sow reproductive performance. Tekhnolohiia vyrobnytstva i pererobky produktsii tvarynnytstva – Manufacturing and processing of animal products. 1:65–70 (in Ukrainian).
11. Susol, R. L. 2014. Produktivnі jakostі svinej suchasnih genotipіv zarubіzhnoi selekcіi za rіznih metodіv rozvedennja v umovah Odes'kogo regіonu – Productivity of pigs of modern genotypes of foreign selection for different breeding methods in the conditions of the Odessa region. Vіsnik Sums'kogo nacional`nogo agrarnogo universytetu – Bulletin of the Sumy national agrarian university. 2(2):92–98 (in Ukrainian).
12. Knox, R. V. 2016. Artificial insemination in pigs today. Theriogenology. 85:83–93 (in English).
13. Levis, D. G. 1989. Artificial Insemination of Swine [Online] [Elektronnyy resurs] – Access mode : http://www.ansci.wisc.edu/jjp1/pig_case/html/library/ArtificialInsemSwine_Levis.pdf (March 1, 2018).
14. Estienne, M. J., and A. F. Harper. 2006. Using Artificial Insemination in Swine Production: Detecting and Synchronizing Estrus and Using Proper Insemination Technique. [Online] [Elektronnyy resurs] – Access mode : https://pubs.ext.vt.edu/content/dam/pubs_ext_vt_edu/414/414-038/414-038_pdf.pdf (March 1, 2018).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.