FEATURES OF THE CONFORMATION TYPE OF DAIRY CATTLE OF DIFFERENT ORIGIN AND CORRELATIVE VARIABILITY OF LINEAR TYPE TRAITS WITH MILK YIELD COWS OF HOLSTEIN BREED
Researches were carried out on estimation cows of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy and Holstein breeds by the method of linear classification in the herd of pedigree farm LLC "Vladana" in Sumy region.
When comparing cows of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy with Holstein, the improving influence sires of Holstein breed on the development of conformation of cows in the herd according to indicators of the linear assessment by 100-point system was found. The difference was based on the group traits of dairy type 1,1 score, legs – 1,3, udder – 1,6 and final score – 1,2. In all comparisons, the difference was highly reliable at P < 0.001.
By descriptive traits improvement with a significant difference were observed in height (by 0,3 scores; P < 0,05), body depth (by 0,3 scores; P < 0,05), rump width (by 0,6 scores; P < 0,001), angle of pelvic limbs (by 0,4 scores, P < 0,001), foot angle (by 0,9 scores, P < 0,001), front udder attachment (by 0,4 scores, P < 0,001), central ligament (by 0,8 scores; P < 0,001), udder depth (by 0,9 scores; P < 0,001) and teats length (by 0,3 scores; P < 0.01).
Animals of Holstein breed compared to Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy became more narrow-chested (by 0,7 scores; P < 0,001).
The identified relationships between linear traits and value of milk yield of first-born cows in the controlled herd were determined the existence of a reliable correlation between estimation both for individual complexes of conformation traits and overall assessment by 100-point classification system (r = 0,198–0,464; P < 0,001).
Positive and reliable correlation with milk yield was observed by a number of descriptive traits: height (r = 0,359), body depth (r = 0,384), angularity (r = 0,474), rump width (r = 0,311), posture of pelvic limbs (r = 0,361), foot angle (r = 0,273), front (r = 0,355) and rear udder attachment (r = 0,330), central ligament (r = 0,311), locomotion (r = 0,305). Body condition score was correlated negatively (r = -0,168).
Thus, the determined correlations between linear traits of the conformation and milk yield for lactation have been indicated the reliability of selection of cows by conformation type, simultaneously improving milk production.
The using sires of Holstein breed during absorbed crossing with Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed have been improved linear traits of the conformation type in their offspring.
Positive relationship between group and main descriptive linear traits characterizing conformation, and value of milk yield would be facilitated by efficient indirect selection based on the type and productivity.
2. Burkat, V. P., Yu. P. Polupan, and I. V. Yovenko. 2004. Liniyna otsinka koriv za typom – Linear estimation cows by type. Kyiv, Agrarna nauka, 88 (in Ukrainian).
3. Ladyka, V. I., L. M. Khmel'nychyy, and A. M. Salohub. 2010. Spoluchna minlyvist' statey ekster"yeru koriv z molochnoyu produktyvnistyu – Correlative variability of exterior type traits in cows with milk productivity. Tekhnolohiya vyrobnytstva i pererobky produktsiyi tvarynnytstva : Zbirnyk naukovykh prats' Bilotserkivs'koho NAU – Technology of production and processing of livestock products : Collection of scientific works of Bila Tserkva NAU. Bila Tserkva. 3(72):9–11 (in Ukrainian).
4. Merkur'eva, E. K. 1977. Geneticheskie osnovy selektsii v skotovodstve – Genetic basis of selection in animal husbandry. Moscov, Kolos, 240 (in Russian).
5. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., V. I. Ladyka, Yu. P. Polupan, and A. M. Salohub. 2008. Metodyka liniynoyi klasyfikatsiyi koriv molochnykh i molochno-m"yasnykh porid za typom – The method of linear classification cows of Dairy and Dairy-beef breeds by type. Sumy, “Mriya–1”, 28 (in Ukrainian).
6. Polupan, Yu. P. 2013. Ontohenetychni ta selektsiyni zakonomirnosti formuvannya hospodars'ky korysnykh oznak molochnoyi khudoby : dys. ... doktora s.-h. nauk – Ontogenetic and breeding patterns formation of economically useful traits of Dairy cattle : doctor's thesis of Agrarian sciences. Chubynske, Kyivskoi oblasti, 694 (in Ukrainian).
7. Ladyka, V. I., L. M. Khmel'nychyy, V. P. Burkat, and S. Yu. Ruban. 2010. Reyestratsiya ICAR : dovidnyk, pidhot. do druku : M-vo ahrar. polityky Ukrainy, UAAN – Registration ICAR : reference book, prepared for publication : Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine, UAAS. Sumy, Sums'kyy Natsional'nyy Ahrarnyy Universytet, 457 (in Ukrainian).
8. Salohub, A. M., and L. M. Khmel'nychyy. 2011. Osoblyvosti uspadkovuvanosti ta spoluchnoyi minlyvosti oznak ekster"yeru koriv ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody – Features of inheritance and connective variability exterior traits of cows Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats' Vinnyts'koho NAU. Seriya: Sil's'kohospodars'ki nauky. Vinnytsya – Scientific works of Vinnytsia NAU. Series: Agricultural science. Vinnitsa. 8(48):59–62 (in Ukrainian).
9. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., A. M. Salohub, S. L. Khmel'nychyy, and A. V. Loboda. 2018. Spivvidnosna minlyvist' ta uspadkovuvanist' liniynykh oznak ekster"yeru koriv sums'koho vnutrishn'oporodnoho typu ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody – Correlative variability and heritability of conformation linear traits cows of Sumy intrabreed type of Ukrainian Black-and-White dairy breed. Visnyk Sums'koho natsional'noho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. Series: "Animal husbandry" 2(34):92–96 (in Ukrainian).
10. Khmel'nychyi, L. M. 2004. Uspadkovuvanist' liniynykh oznak ekster"yeru – Heritability of the linear conformation traits. Naukovyy visnyk L'vivs'koyi natsion. akad. vet. medytsyny im. S. Z. Hzhyts'koho. L'viv – Scientific Bulletin of Lviv National Academy of Veterinary Medicine by S. Z. Gzhytsky. Lviv. 6(3)5:58–62 (in Ukrainian).
11. Khmel'nychyy, L. M., and V. V. Vechorka. 2016. Vplyv yakisnoho rozvytku morfolohichnykh oznak vymeni koriv ukrayins'koyi chervono-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody na yikhnye dovholittya – Influence of qualitative development morphological udder traits cows of Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed on their longevity. Ahrarna nauka ta kharchovi tekhnolohiyi. Vinnytsya – Agrarian science and food technology. Vinnitsa. 1(91):211–219 (in Ukrainian).
12. Khmel'nichij, L. M., and V. V. Vechjorka. 2016. Dolgoletie korov ukrainskoj krasno-pestroj molochnoj porody v zavisimosti ot linejnoj ocenki opisatel'nyh priznakov konechnostej – Longevity cows of Ukrainian Red-and-White Dairy breed depending on the linear estimation of descriptive traits of limbs. Aktual'nye problemy intensivnogo razvitija zhivotnovodstva : sbornik nauch. trudov Belorusskoj gos. sel'skohoz. akademii – Actual problems of intensive livestock development : collection of scientific works of the Belarusian State Agrarian Academy. Gorki. BSAA. 19(1):336–340 (in Russian).
13. Khmel'nychyy, L. M. 2003. Ekster"yernyy typ ta produktyvnist' koriv ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody – Exterior type and productivity of cows Ukrainian Black-and-White Dairy breed. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten – Scientific and technical bulletin. Instytut tvarynnytstva UAAN. Kharkiv, 84:142–146 (in Ukrainian).
14. Khmel'nychyi, L. M., A. M. Salohub, and S. L. Khmel'nychyi. 2010. Liniyna klasyfikatsiya koriv sums'koho typu ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody – Linear classification cows of Sumy intrabreed type of Ukrainian Back-and-White Dairy breed. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats' – Bulletin of scientific works. Kamyanets-Podilsky. 18:214–218 (in Ukrainian).
15. Khmel'nychyy, L M. and V. V. Vechorka. 2016. Tryvalist' zhyttya koriv ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody v zalezhnosti vid rivnya otsinky liniynykh oznak ekster"yeru – Lifetime of cows Ukrainian Black-and-White Dairy breed depending on the assessment level of linear exterior traits. Ahrarna nauka ta kharchovi tekhnolohiyi – Agrarian science and food technology. Vinnitsa. 2(96):249–258 (in Ukrainian).
16. Zavadilová, L., M. Štípková, E. Němcová, J. Bouška, and J. Matějíčková. 2009. Analysis of the phenotypic relationships between type traits and functional survival in Czech Fleckvieh cows. Czech J. Anim. Sci. 54(12):521–531 (in English).
17. Bohlouli, M., Alijani, S., and M. R. Varposhti, 2015. Genetic relationships among linear type traits and milk production traits of Holstein dairy cattle. Ann. Anim. sci. 15(4):903–917 (in English).
18. De Haas, Y., L. L. G. Janss and H. N. Kadarmideen. 2007. Genetic and phenotypic parameters for conformation and yield traits in three Swiss dairy cattle breeds. J Anim Breed Genet. 2007 Feb; 124(1):12–9 (in English).
19. Stanojević, D., R. Đedović, V. Bogdanović, and N. Raguž, M. Popovac, D. Janković, L. Štrbac. 2016. Evaluation of the heritability coefficients of longevity in the population of Black and White cows in Serbia. Heritability coefficients of longevity in the population of cows, Mljekarstvo. 66(4):322–329 (in English).
20. Kern, E. L., J. A. Cobuci, C. N. Costa, C. M. McManus, and J. B. Neto. 2015. Genetic association between longevity and linear type traits of Holstein cows. Sci. agric. (Piracicaba, Braz.). 72:3 (in English).
21. Van der Waaij, E. H. M. Holzhauer, E. Ellen, C. Kamphuis, and G. De Jong. 2005. Genetic parameters for claw disorders in Dutch dairy cattle and correlations with conformation traits. Journal of Dairy science. 88:3672–3678 (in English).
22. Morek-Kopec, M. and A. Zarnecki. 2012. Relationship between conformation traits and longevity in Polish Holstein Friesian cattle. Livestock Science.149:53–61 (in English).
23. Setati, M. M., D. Norris, C. B. Banga, and K. Benyi. 2004. Relationships between longevity and linear type traits in Holstein cattle population of Southern Africa. Trop Anim Health Prod. 36(8):807–14 (in English).
24. Tapki, I. and G. Y. Ziya. 2013. Genetic and phenotypic correlations between linear type traits and milk production yields of Turkish Holstein dairy cows. Green. J. Agric. Sci. 3(11):755–761 (in English).
25. Zavadilová, L. and M. Štípková. 2012. Genetic correlations between longevity and conformation traits in the Czech Holstein population. Czech J. Anim. Sci. 57(3):125–136 (in English).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.