PRODUCTIVE LONGEVITY OF DIFFERENT LINES COWS OF PRYCARPATSKYY INTRA-BREED TYPE OF UKRAINIAN RED-AND-WHITE BREED
Duration of economic use of dairy cattle is one of the most important reserves for the further growth of the number of livestock, improvement of breeding and productive qualities of animals. Since the improvement of domestic dairy breeds is mainly due to the crossbreeding with the bulls of the Holstein breed, a continuous analysis of the breeding process in the breed and in its individual genealogical formations, in particular in the types and lines, in order to establish the best ways to conduct selective work with the breeds, is relevant. Detection and evaluation of lines, the descendants of which are capable of prolonged productive use, will allow for an optimizing selection for lengthening the life-time use of cows. In this regard, the purpose of our research was to study the duration and effectiveness of life-time use of cows of different lines of the Prycarpathian intra-breed type of Ukrainian Red-and-White breed and the reasons for their release from the herd.
Research conducted on cows of inter-breed type of Prycarpathian Ukrainian Red-and-White dairy breed in the PAE "Mamayivske" Kytsman district based on the base of zootechnical register. The sample included 1075 animals, the first of which was at least eight years before the start of the study. Retrospective analysis of the duration and effectiveness of life-time use of cows was carried out according to Yu. P. Polupan's method. It was established that the duration of economic use of cows in the PAE Mamayevske, depending on the line, was within the range of 3.1–6.5 lactation. Life yield (3294 days), productive use (2454 days), lactation (1954 days), lifetime milk yield (37444 kg), lifetime number of fat (1394 kg), the number of lactations for life (6,5 lactation) and the rate of economic use (0.74) were the best animals that belonged to the P. Astronavt line 1458744. Approximate figures of productive longevity of cows were marked in Rigel line 352882. The descendants Valiant 1,650,414 were of the smallest used in herds and had the lowest performance line.
The effect of the linear dependence of cows on the duration and effectiveness of their productive use, depending on the indicator, was within the range of 4.26–31.17%. It should be noted that the most significant impact of the line was on yield for one day of productive use (31.17%) and one day of lactation (30.43%). The least effect on the linear dependence of cows was on yield for one day of life (4.26%) and the average lifespan of fat in milk (4.79%). Strength of the line's influence on life yield, productive use and lactation of animals, the number of lactation per life and the rate of economic use, depending on the indicator, was within 12.11–16.45%.
The coefficients of inheritance of life yields, productive use and lactation and the number of lactations calculated by the mother-daughter method were 15.8; 22.0; 21.4 and 19.1%. Life yields, the lifetime of milk fat and the average lifespan of fat in milk were the lowest level of inheritance – respectively 6.3; 7.5 and 10.1%. The highest coefficients of inheritance were noted for one day of productive use (39.4%) and lactation (46.8%). As a rule, daughters whose mothers have maintained high productivity for a long time and have long been exploited also have potential for prolonged productive use. We did not reveal any special differences between animals of different lines by the coefficients of inheritance of the above-mentioned indices.
Disposal of animals from the herd was mainly due to reproductive function disorders (25.2–34.6%) and low productivity (13.4–27.1%). Among the studied lines due to the reproductive function impairment, the most abandoned animal lines of the P. Astronavt and Rigel were 34.6 and 31.7% respectively, while the least of those of the Valiant line was 25.2%. Due to its low productivity and disease, the largest number of cows (13.4–27.1%) fell out of the Valiant line. At the same time, the animals of the Valiant line were marked by the lowest percentage of rejection due to physiological aging (15.0%), and the highest was in animals P. Astronavt line (21.3%). Due to diseases of the limbs, from the herd dropped, depending on the line, 8.0–12.1% of cows, due to injuries and accidents - 3.2–5.7%, and for other reasons - 4.7–9.3%.
2. Babik, N. P. and Ye. I. Fedorovych. 2017. Produktyvne dovholittia koriv molochnykh porid za riznoi yikh liniinoi nalezhnosti – Productive longevity of dairy cows in different lines of the ir literary belonging – Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN. – Scientific and technical bulletin of the Institute of Animal Husbandry of NAAS. 118:48–57 (in Ukrainian).
3. Honcharenko, I. V. 2009. Systema selektsii koriv molochnykh porid za kompleksom oznak: dys…doktora s.-h. nauk : 06.02.01 – The system of selection of dairy cows by the complex of traits: diss...doctor of agricultural sciences : 06.02.01. 423 (in Ukrainian).
4. Gordeeva, A. K. and S. L. Belozertseva. 2010. Prodolzhitelnost zhizni i pozhiznennaya produktivnost korov cherno-pestroy porodyi v zavisimosti ot lineynoy prinadlezhnosti i genotipa – Life expectancy and lifelong productivity of black-motley breed cows depending on linearity and genotype – Vestnik Irkutskoy gosudarstvennoy selskohozyaystvennoy akademii – Bulletin of the Irkutsk State Agricultural Academy. 40:93–99 (in Russian).
5. Gordeeva, A. K. 2011. Ratsionalnoe ispolzovanie zhivotnyih – Rational use of animals –Vestnik Irkutskoy gosudarstvennoy selskohozyaystvennoy akademii – Bulletin of the Irkutsk State Agricultural Academy. 43:105–110 (in Russian).
6. Grashin, V. A. and A. A. Grashin. 2012. Molochnaya produktivnost i prodolzhitelnost hozyaystvennogo ispolzovaniya korov chyorno-pyostroy porodyi v zavisimosti ot krovnosti po golshtinam – Milk productivity and duration of economic use of cows of Black-and-White breed depending on the Holstein bloodiness – Izvestiya Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta – Proceedings of the Orenburg State Agrarian University. 3(35–1):113–114 (in Russian).
7. Dudok, A. 2009. Dlia uspishnoho skotarstva produktyvne vykorystannia khudoby potribno podovzhyty – For successful livestock production, livestock production needs to be prolonged – Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy – Animal husbandry of Ukraine. 3:11–13 (in Ukrainian).
8. Kadzaeva, Z. A. 2012. Produktivnoe dolgoletie korov v svyazi s lineynoy prinadlezhnostyu – Productive longevity of cows due to linear accessory – Izvestiya Gorskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta – Message of the Gorsky State Agrarian University. 49(3):132–135 (in Russian).
9. Lakyn, H. F., 1990. Byometryia: uchebnoe posobye [dlia byol. spets. vuzov] – Biometrics: a tutorial [for biol. specialist. Universities]. M. : Vуsshaia shkola. 352 (in Russian).
10. Lebedko, E. Ya. 2007. Hozyaystvennoe ispolzovanie molochnyih korov v zavisimosti ot vliyaniya ryada faktorov – Economic use of dairy cows, depending on the influence of a number of factors – Vestnik Altayskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta – Bulletin of the Altai State Agrarian University. 5(31):47–49 (in Russian).
11. Ovchinnikova, L. Yu. 2007. Dinamika pokazateley produktivnogo dolgoletiya korov – Dynamics of indicators of productive longevity of cows – Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo. – Dairy and beef cattle breeding. 8:21–22 (in Russian).
12. Plohinskiy, N. A. 1969. Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootehnikov – Guide for biometrics for livestock. M.: Kolos. – 256 (in Russian).
13. Polupan, Yu. P., 2010. Metodyka otsinky selektsiinoi efektyvnosti dovichnoho vykorystannia koriv molochnykh porid – Methods of assessing the efficiency of breeding lifetime use of dairy breeds of cows – Metodolohiia naukovykh doslidzhen z pytan selektsii, henetyky ta biotekhnolohii u tvarynnytstvi: materialy naukovo-teoretychnoi konferentsii (Chubynske, 25 liutoho 2010 roku) – Methodology of research on breeding, genetics and biotechnology in animal materials of scientific-theoretical conference (Chubinskoe, 25 February 2010). 93–95 (in Ukrainian).
14. Popov, L. K., V. V. Zlobin, I. V. Ivanova and A. Yu. Ivanov. 2013. Prichinyi vyibrakovki importnogo krupnogo rogatogo skota v hozyaystvah Tsentralno-Chernozemnoy zonyi – The reasons for the culling of imported cattle in the farms of the Central Black Earth Zone – Vestnik Michurinskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta – Bulletin of the Michurinsky State Agrarian University. 1:29–32 (in Russian).
15. Babik, N. P., Ye. I. Fedorovych, V. V. Fedorovych and R. S. Oseredchuk. 2017. Produktyvne dovholittia koriv molochnykh porid za riznykh metodiv pidboru – Productive longevity of cows of dairy breeds according to different selection methods – Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu – Bulletin of the Sumy National Agrarian University. 7(33):29–35 (in Ukrainian).
16. Stavetska, R. V. 2011. Analiz efektyvnosti vykorystannia linii v henezysi ukrainskoi chervono-riaboi molochnoi porody – An analysis of the efficiency of the use of lines in the genesis of Ukrainian Red-and-White dairy breed – Zbirnyk naukovykh prats Vinnytskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu – Collection of scientific works of Vinnytsia National Agrarian University. 6(46):120–126 (in–Ukrainian).
17. Shkurko, T. P. 2009. Vplyv liniinoi nalezhnosti koriv na tryvalist yikhnoho produktyvnoho vykorystannia – Influence of linear dependence of cows on the duration of their productive use – Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky – Bulletin of Agrarian Science. 9:26–29 (in Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.