Age-old changeability of karyotype of cows of Grey Ukrainian breed
The purpose of the work is to establish correlation age of chromosomal instability of cows of Gray Ukrainian breed.
The cytogenetic analysis was carried out of the cows of Gray Ukrainian cattle (30 ch.) from the experimental farm "Markeevo" of the Institute of Animal Husbandry of the steppe areas Askania-Nova.
Cytogenetic preparations were prepared according to the traditional method. Animals detected genomic mutations associated with chromosomal changes in karyotype, as well as structural abnormalities (chromosomal and chromatic aberration.
100 metaphase plates were analyzed of each animal analyzed. On these same drugs, the number of dual-core lymphocytes (DN), single nucleus microcircuits (MI), and mitotic index (MI) were counted. The frequency of DA, MI, and MI was calculated in ppm (number per 1000 cells).
The results of cytogenetic analysis showed that for heifers of 9-16 months old the proportion of cells with aneuploidy was 10.4%, it was 1.5 times higher than the spontaneous level (1.5–8.3%) of this variability, and in cows aged 2–2.5 years, the percentage of aneuploid cells was 1.3%, and did not exceed the level of spontaneous chromosomal variability characteristic of cattle. The difference in average values on this basis was statistically significant at P > 0.999.
The heifers of 9–16 months old of Gray Ukrainian breed, the proportion of cells with aneuploidy was 10.4%, which is 1.5 times higher than the spontaneous level (1.5–8.3%) of this variability, and in cows aged 2–2.5 years, the percentage of aneuploid cells was 1.3%, and did not exceed the level of spontaneous chromosomal variability characteristic of cattle. In our opinion, an elevated level of aneuploidy in young animals is a general physiological regularity. Other indicators of chromosomal variability with respect to the age of the animals were not detected.
2. Kozir, V. S. 2015. Sira ukrainska poroda: natsionalne nadbannia na mezhi znyknennia – Grey Ukrainian breed: national acquisition on verge of disappearance. Ahrobiznes sohodni – Agribusiness today. 22(317):3 (in Ukrainian).
3. Shelov, A. V. and V. V. Dzicyuk. 2005. Metodyka pryhotuvannia metafaznykh khromosom limfotsytiv peryferiinoi krovi tvaryn – Methods of preparation of metaphase chromosomes of peripheral blood lymphocytes of animals. Kyiv, Ahrarna nauka, 240 (in Ukrainian).
4. Bashhenko, M. I., K. V. Kopylov, M. L. Dobryanska, L. F. Starodub, Yu. V. Podoba, and K. V. Kopylova. 2011. Vyznachennia henetychnykh anomalii u velykoi rohatoi khudoby: metodychni rekomendatsii – A cattle has determination of genetic anomalies. – Chubynske, 35 (in Ukrainian).
5. Kuznetsov, A. I., A. I. Kruzhalov, and V. G. Ilyuschenko. 1980. Vozrastno-polovaya zavisimost spontannoy chastotyi hromosomnyih aberratsiy v limfotsitah perifericheskoy krovi cheloveka – The sexual dependence of spontaneous frequency of chromosomal aberrations age-related – is in lymphocytes of peripheral blood of man. Genetics. 7:1279–1293(in Ukrainian).
6. Starodub, L. F. 2011. Tsitogenetichniy kontrol u myasnomu i molochnomu skotarstvi – Cytogenetic control in beef and dairy cattle breeding : dys. … kand. s.-h. nauk. Chubynske, 20 (in Ukrainian).
7. Dshus, P. P. 2012. Vydospetsyfichnist destabilizatsii kariotypiv silskohospodarskykh tvaryn za radiatsiinoho ta infektsiinoho vplyvu – Species-specific destabilization of karyotypes of farm animals for radiation and infectious effects: avtoref. dys. … kand. biol. nauk. Chubynske, 20 (in Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.