Prospects of preserving the lebedinian breed
The aim of this work is to study the current state and prospects of preserving the Lebedinian breed of cattle.
Materials and methods of research. The research was conducted using methodological approaches that are consistent with the Global Action Plan on Animal Genetic Resources, EU Directives, the current legislative framework for livestock in Ukraine, programs and plans for breeding with specific breeds and herds of farm animals. For the study of the current state of the breeding base of the Lebedinian livestock, the electronic databases SUMS "ORSEK", reports on boniting (form 7-MOL), and the SBB of Lebedinian breed were used.
Results of research. The modern state of tribal herds of the Lebedinian breed, its quantitative and qualitative composition is studied. The genealogical structure of tribal herds is investigated. It is established that a significant part of the breeding stock of cows of tribal herds of the Lebedinian breed is obtained from import producers or sperm production of Swiss breed of foreign selection. The level of milk productivity of cows of the Lebedinian breed is in the range of 3000–7000 kg of milk. The presence of sperm production of bulls of the Lebedinian breed is analyzed. It is established that banks of genetic resources and breeding centers have a sufficient supply of sperm of producers in a deeply cooled state. Sperm of 18 bulls-producers of the Lebedinian breed and their hybrids with Swiss breed stores in four enterprises.
The prospective measures for preserving the population of the Lebedinian breed are elaborated by authors. It is necessary to carry out expeditionary inspections of herds of cattle by experts in order to assess their type, conduct permanent genetic monitoring of animals of the Lebedinian breed, the creation of a unified information system, through the creation of a complete database of information, which provides a data bank for each animal with information about its tribal value.
We consider it is necessary to organize the support of tribal enterprises in which the sperm production of bulls is kept, also it is necessary to cover the costs that arose due to the disparity of prices for agricultural and industrial products, mainly on energy. It is important to develop a breeding program, as a whole for the Lebedinian breed, and on each of the tribal farms, which include a set of measures, methods and techniques aimed for the preservation, restoration and rational use of the gene pool. Measures for the preservation and rational use of gene pool of the Lebedinian breed should be scientifically justified. For example, the joint work of scientists of Sumy National Agrarian University, Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics nd. a. M.V.Zubets of NAAS and Institute of Agriculture of Northern East of NAAS in this direction will allow to development the methods for preservation and coordination of measures of the rational use of the Lebedinian breed gene pool.
Conclusion. Population of Lebedinian cattle, which is contained in the agricultural enterprises, concentrated in three breeding farms: public joint-stock company "Mikhaylivka", private agricultural enterprise "Komyshanska" (Sumy region), limited liability company "Mriya" (Chernigiv region). A high percentage, namely 75% of Lebedinian breed cows in breeding farms in Sumy region, originate from the bulls-producers of Swiss breed of American and West European breeding. The level of milk productivity of cows of the Lebedinian breed is in the range of 3000-7000 kg of milk. Animals kept by public joint-stock company "Mikhaylivka" and private agricultural enterprise "Komyshanska" are fully correspond to the magnitude of the milk yield of the breed standard. They also predominate the breed standard for the fat content of milk. Sperm production of more than 20 bulls of Lebedinian breed, their hybrids with Swiss breed, and the brown Carpathian breed in crosses with Lebedinian breed stores in Sumy State Selection Center, Mena Private Enterprise Prat, Bank of Genetic Resources of Institute of Animal Breeding and Genetics nd. a. M.V.Zubets of NAAS, Institute of Animal Husbandry of NAAS, limited liability company "Transcarpathian Tribal Enterprise". Selection index of bulls-breeders whose sperm production is stored in the listed companies has both positive and negative. Productivity of mothers of bulls-breeders is more than 5.0 thousand kg of milk.
2. Vyshnevskyi, L. V. 2017. Bank henetychnykh resursiv tvaryn IRHT im. M.V.Zubtsia NAAN u systemi zberezhennia bioriznomanittia tvarynnytstva Ukrainy – Bank of Genetic Resources of Animals IABG nd. a. M.V.Zubets NAAS in the system of biodiversity conservation of livestock in Ukraine. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals. 53:21–28 (in Ukrainian).
3. Haidarska, V. M. 2017. Geneticheskie resursy sel'skohozjajstvennyh zhivotnyh v Bolgarii – sohranenie i upravlenie – The genetic resources of farm animals in Bulgaria are preservation and management. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals. 35:43–28 (in Ukrainian).
4. 2006. Kataloh buhaiv-plidnykiv burykh porid Sumskoi oblasti – Catalog of bulls-sires of the brown rocks of the Sumy region. Kyiv, Stylos, 492 (in Ukrainian).
5. Kruhliak, A. P. 2017. Bank henetychnykh resursiv – osnova stvorennia, rozvytku novykh ta zberezhennia malochyselnykh porid – The Bank of Genetic Resources is the basis for the creation, development of new and conservation of small-numbered breeds. 53:43–50 (in Ukrainian).
6. Zubets', M. V., V. P. Burkat, Yu. F. Mel'nyk, I. V. Guzyev, M. Ya. Yefimenko, B. Ye. Podoba, L. O. Behma, O. D. Biryukova, I. S. Boroday, S. I. Kovtun, Yu. V. Mil'chenko, N. P. Platonova, Yu. P. Polupan, M. G. Porkhun, Ye. M. Ryasenko, O. P. Chyrkova, P. I. Sharan, Ye. Ye. Zabludos'kyy, P. A. Trots'kyy, M. I. Sakhats'kyy, I. S. Vakulenko, V. I. Mikhno, I. A. Pomitun, V. F. Kovalenko, N. A. Martynenko, P. V. Denysyuk, O. G. Chyrkov, P. I. Pol's'ka, I. V. Lobachova, O. O. Katerynych, O. V. Tereshchynko, V. V. Bekh, S. V. Rekrut, O. M. Tretyak, L. I. Bodnarchuk, O. V. Galanova, and Yu. V. Lyashenko. 2007. Metodolohichni aspekty zberezhennya henofondu silskohospodarskykh tvaryn – Methodological aspects of farm animal gene pool conservation. Куiv, Ahrarna nauka, 120 (іn Ukrainian).
7. Polupan, Yu. P., D. M. Basovsky, N. L. Rieznykova, and Yu. M. Reznikova. 2017. Problema zberezhennia biolohichnoho riznomanittia henetychnykh resursiv silskohospodarskykh tvaryn – Problem of biological diversity conservation of farm animal genetic resources. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals. 54:200–208 (in Ukrainian).
8. M. Hladiy, M. V., Yu. P. Polupan, D. M. Basovs'kyy, L. V. Vyshnevs'kyy, S. I. Kovtun, O. V. Sydorenko, B. Ye. Podoba, O. D. Biryukova, N. L. Rіeznykova, S. L. Voytenko, P. P. Dzhus, S. V. Kuzebnyy, P. I. Sharan, O. V. Kruhlyak, A. P. Kruhlyak, Yu. V. Mil'chenko, S. V. Pryyma, Yu. M. Reznikova, I. S. Martynyuk, M. I. Bashchenko, O. M. Zhukors'kyy, O. I. Kostenko, M. М. Kvasha, O. V. Romanova, and Yu. V. Vdovychenko. 2017. Prohrama zberezhennya lokal'- nykh ta znykayuchykh porid sil's'kohospodars'kykh tvaryn v Ukrayini na 2017–2025 roky (proekt) – The program of maintenance of local and endangered breeds of agricultural animals is in Ukraine on 2017–2025 years (project). Chubyns'ke, 63. [Elektronnyy resurs]. – Rezhym dostupu: http://iabg.org.ua/images/stories/prog_zber.pdf (in Ukrainian).
9. Rieznykova, N. L. 2017. Navishcho nam aboryhenni porody? – Why breeds of aborigines us? Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals. 53:50–60 (in Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.