Immunogenetic characteristic of herd of the Aberdin-Angussian breeds
In the article are presented the results of studied animals of the Aberdeen-Angus breed by blood groups. The small party of Aberdeen-Angus cattle was brought to the Republic of Moldova from Romania and Germany which livestock in 2017 made 149 heads, including 70 cows, 43 cow calves and 36 bull-calves.
The purpose of our studies was to give an immunogenetic characterization of the Aberdeen-Angus cattle population imported into the Republic of Moldova.
The material used for the study was blood selected from the Aberdeen-Angus breed in the herd of cattle PF "Gorea Juliana" (peasant farming) (n = 115). Taking blood from animals, setting the reactions of hemolysis of erythrocytes, as well as studying blood groups were carried out according to the generally accepted method. Blood groups were determined by hemolytic tests using 49 bovine reagents; the frequency of occurrence of antigens and alleles of the EAB locus (q) was determined by a conventional method.
As a result of studies and analysis of the antigen spectrum of the blood groups of animals of the Aberdeen-Angus breed, it was established that 9 animals were carriers with antigen A2, with a frequency of 0.0783, carriers of Z′ antigen were not detected.
According to the AEB locus, carriers of antigens P2, Q, T′, and B″ were not detected in the analyzed sample of animals. The rare occurrence is observed on antigens P1, Jʹ2, I1, Iʹ (0,0087–0,0174). The highest frequencies of occurrence in the AEB locus have the antigens B2, G3, Y2, G′, Q′, G″,
On AES to a locus 10 antigens are revealed, C1, C2, E, W and X2 antigens belong to the most often found, is more rare – antigens R1 (0,0348), Lʹ (0,0348) and Cʹ (0,0696).
It is observed a high frequency of occurrence of the allele B1G1 (0.0913), which from available literature sources to us is met only at holsteinized cattle of the Yaroslavl breed and the red Estonian breed. It should be noted that the allele B1P′ is common for Limousine, brown Carpathian breeds, specific for the Caucasian brown breed. Allele B2G2O2 is common for Kalmyk, Yakut Simmental and Hereford breeds.
A number of alleles specific for other breeds were identified: G2O2T1 and E′2O′ alleles for the Kholmogory breed, allele T1Y1 for the red Gorbatov breed, allele Y2E′1G′G″ – specific for the Simmental breed population of the Tambov region.
Conclusions. Antigens B2, G3, Y2, G′, Q′, G″ have the highest frequency of occurrence in the AEB locus, antigens C1, C2, E, W and X2 in the AEC locus. The frequency of occurrence of antigens F and V was 0.5565 and 0.1739, respectively.
The spectrum of the alleles of the AEB locus of the analyzed Aberdeen-Angus cattle population is quite wide, 71 alleles are identified. Most alleles are specific and unique for this breed: G1I1T1, G1T1O1, G2O2T1, O2G′G″, T1Y2G′O′G″, Y2E′2Qʹ, Y2K′.
The homozygosity of the analyzed population of Aberdeen-Angus cattle is the lowest in comparison with the data available in the literature and is 0.31.
2. Uhanov, S. V., Z. I. Berendjaeva, V. P. Kovalenko, and A. A. Istomin. 1990. Geneticheskie osobennosti jakutskogo aborigennogo skota i ego pomesej – Genetic features of the Yakut aboriginal cattle and its hybrids. Genetika – Genetics science, 26(3):525–530 (in Russian).
3. Deksne. V. Ja. 1988. Gruppa krovi buroj latvijskoj i anglerskoj porod i ih primenenie v prakticheskom zhivotnovodstve – Blood type of brown Latvian and anglersky breeds and their application in practical livestock production. Plemennoe delo v skotovodstve Latvijskoj SSR – Breeding matter in cattle breeding of the Latvian SSR. Riga: Zinayte, 60–68 (in Latvia).
4. Konstandoglo, A. G., V. F. Foksha, and T. O. Aleksandrova. 2010. Immunogeneticheskaya kharakteristika populyatsii krupnogo rogatogo skota krasnoy estonskoy porody – Immunogenetic characteristics of the cattle population of the red Estonian breed. Bіologіja tvarin – J. Biology of animals, Lvov. 12(1):240–246 (in Russian).
5. Korotov, G. P. 1983. Krupnyy rogatyy skot Yakutskoy ASSR i metody ego uluchsheniya – Cattle Yakut ASSR and methods of its improvement. Yakutsk : Yakutsknigoizdat. 150 (in Russian).
6. Kul'chimova, G. I., F. G. Kayumov, and E. A. Koftun. 1989. Geneticheskie struktury populyatsiy skota kalmytskoy porody po biokhimicheskim markeram – Genetic structures of populations of the cattle of the Kalmyk breed on biochemical markers. Sbornik nauchnyh trudov Vserossijskogo nauchno-issledovatel'skogo instituta mjasnogo skotovodstva – Collection of scientific works of the All-Russian Research Institute of meat cattle breeding. Orenburg, 73–78 (in Russian).
7. Legoshin, G. P. 2003. Povyshenie effektivnosti myasnogo skotovodstva v Rossii – Increase in efficiency of meat cattle breeding in Russia. Zootekniya – Animal science. 3:24–26 (in Russian).
8. Merkur'eva, E. K., and G. N. Shangin-Berezovskiy. 1983. Genetika s osnovami biometrii – Genetics with the fundamentals of biometrics. Moscow: Kolos. 400 (in Russian).
9. 1983. Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po ispol'zovaniyu grupp krovi dlya povysheniya sel- ektsionno-plemennoy raboty v molochnom zhivotnovodstve – Methodical recommendations on the use of blood groups to enhance breeding and breeding work in dairy cattle. Leningrad, 24 (in Russian).
10. Meshherjakov, V. Ja., and B. E. Podoba. 1971. Grupy krovi velykoi' rogatoi' hudoby siroi' ukrainskoi ta bilogolovi ukrainskoi porid – Blood types of cattle gray ukrainsy and white-headed Ukrainian breeds. Molochno-m'jasne skotarstvo – Dairy and meat cattle breeding. 24:7–12 (in Ukrainian).
11. Nakhushev, R. B., M. G. Tleynsheva, and F. A. Vologirova. 2015. Immunogeneticheskaya kharakteristika aberdin-angusskogo skota v Kabardino-Balkarii – Immunogenetic characteristics of Aberdeen-Angus cattle in Kabardino-Balkaria. Agrarnaja Rossija : nauch.-proizv. zh. – Agrarian Russia : scientific-prod. journal. 3:6–17 (in Russian).
12. Popov, N. A., and G. V. Eskin. 2000. Allelofond krupnogo rogatogo skota – Allelophond of cattle. Spravochnyj katalog – Reference catalog. Moscow. 300 (in Russian).
13. Popov, N. A. 1997. Evolyutsionnye osobennosti porod krasnoy masti po allelyam V-lokusa grupp krovi – Evolutionary features of the red lear species according to alleles of the B-locus of blood grains. Doklady Rossijskoj akademii sel'skohozjajstvennyh nauk – Reports of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences. 5:31–33 (in Russian).
14. Kol'cov, D. N., J. V. Tatueva, V. K. Chernushenko, V. I. Cys', N. S. Petkevich, and V. M. Novikov. 2014. Sovremennoe sostojanie buroj shvickoj porody v Rossijskoj Federacii i perspektivy razvitija – The current state of brown shvitsky breed in the Russian Federation and the prospects of development. "70 let kostromskoj porode krupnogo rogatogo skota". Kostromskaja gosudarstvennaja sel'skohozjajstvennaja akademija – In the collection "70 years to the Kostroma breed of cattle". Kostroma state agricultural academy. Karavayevo. 24–32 (in Russian).
15. Sorokova, P. F., N. A. Popov, and T. I. Osipova. 1988. Geneticheskij analiz skreshhivanija simmental'skogo i krasno-pestrogo golshtinskogo skota po tipam krovi – Genetic analysis of crossing of Simmental and red-motley Holstein cattle according by blood types. "Povyshenie produktivnosti v molochnom i mjasnom skotovodstve", bjulleten' nauchnyh trudov, Vserossijskij institut zhivotnovodstva –"Increasing productivity in dairy and beef cattle", Bulletin of Scientific Works, All-Russian Institute of Animal Husbandry. Dubrovitsy. 92:84–89 (in Russian).
16. Cherkashhenko, V. I. 1984. Geneticheskie osobennosti krupnogo rogatogo skota turano-mon- gol'skoj gruppy po polimorfnym sistemam krovi v svjazi s sohraneniem genofonda – Genetic features of the cattle of the Turan-Mongolian group on polymorphic blood systems in connection with the preservation of the genofond : dis…kand. biol. nauk – thesis of the PhD. Dr.Sci.Biol. Leningrad-Pushkin. 145 (in Russian).
17. Bailey, D. R. 1981. Caff survival and prewedning grivt in divergent beef dreedsand. J. anim. sc. 52:1244–1245.
18. Bailey, D. R., E. E. Swierstra, and T. Entz. 1988. Postpartum interval in 10 firstgrosses of beef cows inder drylot and range conditions. Canad. J. anim. sc. 4:1027–1033.
19. Lasley, J. 1979. Further information on the inheritance of horns and sears. Bull–O Vram. 40–43.
20. Robertson, A. 1956. Blood Grouping in dairy cattle improvement. Proc. VIIth Intern. Congr. Anim. 2:79–83.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.