Meat productivity of Tsigay sheep and their hybrid with Bentheimer breed
The article is devoted to the study of the meat productivity of the crossbreed lambs of the first generation ♀Tsigay x ♂Benthaymer in comparison with the Tsigay local population.
At four months of age, lambs of analogs were taken and tested for live weight at birth, weaning from mothers at 3–3.5 months. During 62 days, control cultivation was carried out, body measurements were taken and body build indices were calculated at the beginning and end of the experiment. At the end of the experiment, the growth of live weight, average daily weight gain was calculated and a control slaughter for 5 heads from each group was carried out. Were taken measurements of carcasses and calculated indices. For calculating the meat coefficient and obtaining an average sample of meat with the purpose of studying its chemical composition, a sort cut was performed with a boning of the right halves from all the hammered lambs.
In terms of the indicators for the experiment and the results of the control growing, it was found that the live weight of the crossbred lambs at birth is by – 0.68 kg higher than the purebred (P ≤ 0.05), while at paddingthe live weight of the Tsigaylambs is higher by 3.02 kg, the difference is reliable (P ≤ 0.001).The live mass of the Tsigaylambsin relation to the lambs♀Tsigay x ♂Bentheimerat the beginning of the experiment was more by 1.1 kg, at the end of the experiment by 0.56 kg. During the period of control growth at the crossbreed lambs, the gross weight gain and the mean daily were higher relative to the Tsigaypurebred respectively by 0.54 kg and 8.8 g due to the heterosis effect.At the beginning of the experiment, the indices of body builds at crossbred lambs are lower in the range from 0.38 to 4.34%. At the end of the experiment, the same tendencywas from 0.32 to 2.24% with the exception of the chest index, which at the hybrids of ♀Tsigay x ♂Benthaymer is higherby 1.52 or by 1.9% in comparison with the Tsigaybreed lambs.
The pre-slaughter live weight of the Tsigaylambs was 39.54 kg and the hybrid ♀Tsigay x ♂Bentheimer 39,13 kg or by 0.41 kg lower. The weight of the paired carcass at the hybrids is higher in comparison with the purebred Tsigay by 0.44 kg, also at the crossbred lambs and the weight of the chilled carcass is by 1.15 kg (3.8%) higher. Comparing the slaughter yield, it should be noted that at crossbreedlambs♀Tsigay x Bentheimer, it amounted 47.61%, and at the pure-bred Tsigay, by 2.24% lower - 45.37%. The meat coefficient at the Tsigay sheep was 3.52, that is, one kilogram of bones, accounts 3.52 kg of meat. At crossbreed ♀Tsigay x ♂Bentheimer, it had 3.27, which is by 0.25 less in comparison with the lambs of Tsigay breed. According to the chemical composition of meat in both groups, the amount of protein and collagen is the same. At crossbreed lambs, the water content is higher by 2.81% (P ≤ 0.01), and the fat is lower by 3.27% (P ≤ 0.01), that is, the meat is more lean.
From the data obtained, it follows that the energy of growth, the main indicators on meat productivity and chemical composition of meat at crossbred lambs ♀Tsigay x ♂Bentheimer is higher for a certain percentage and better in relation to purebred Tsigay.
2. Aboneev, V. V., Ju. D. Kvitko, A. V. Kil'pa, B. T. Abilov, V. V. Marchenko, D. I. Aboneev, A. A. Omarov, A. M. Jakovenko, and N. I. Efimova. 2011. Mjasnaja produktivnost' ovec i faktory ejo opredeljajushhie – Meat productivity of sheep and its determinant. Stavropol'. 153 (in Russian).
3. Zhirjakov, A. M., and R. S. Hamicaev. 1986. Promyshlennoe skreshhivanie ovec – Industrial crossing of sheep. Moskva, Agropromizdat, 112 (in Russian).
4. Jackin, V. I. 2004. Povyshenie effektivnosti proizvodstva baraniny – Improving the production of lamb. Moskva. 423 (in Russian).
5. Krasota, V. F. and V. T. Lobanov. 1976. Razvedenie sel'skohozjajstvennyh zhivotnyh – Breeding of farm animals. Moskva, Kolos. 416 (in Russian).
6. Rekomendacii po tehnologii proizvodstva produkcii ovcevodstva v Respublike Moldova – Recommendations on the technology of production of sheep products in the Republic of Moldova. 1992. Kishinev, Moldagroinformreklama. 85 (in Moldovan).
7. 1978. Metodicheskie rekomendacii «Izuchenie mjasnoj produktivnosti ovec» – Methodical recommendations "Studying the meat productivity of sheep". Moskva, 45. (in Russian).
8. Taftă, V., I. Vintilă, and S. Zamfirescu. 1997. Producţia, ameliorarea şi reproducţia ovinelor. Ed. CERES. Bucureşti. 518 (in Romanian).
9. Plohinskij, N. I. 1969. Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlja zootehnikov – Biometrics manual for livestock experts. Moskva. 256 (in Russian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.