Investment of the doctor of agricultural sciences I. V. Guzev in developing the methodology of conservation of the agricultural animal foundation
The aim of our research is a conceptual synthesis of the most important developments of I.V. Guzev on preservation of the gene pool of animals.
The research uses analytical and historical methods that made it possible to conceptually summarize the personal contribution of Doctor of Agricultural Sciences I. V. Guzev to the methodology, the theoretical substantiation of the need, the planning and practice of preserving the gene pool of breeds of farm animals. The basis of the source (materials) of the research was the scientific works (publications) of the author, the materials of his reports and the memories of colleagues about a talented scientist.
Igor Victorovich was the National Coordinator of Ukraine for FAO for the management of livestock genetic resources (GRT), in particular for their conservation. They consider the methodological aspects of the global problem of preserving the genetic diversity of animals in the context of generalization and implementation of the recommendations of FAO and other international organizations, and propose a holistic, scientifically based methodology for preserving the biological diversity of the GR of Ukraine with the use of a set of new methodological approaches.
I. V. Guzev founded a reliable foundation for the immediate start of long-term conservation of all biodiversity (in particular, agricultural animals of our country)and the main strategic postulate is stated: "We preserve all that has survived till our days, the nation's breeding heritage, as well as reserve purebreeding gene pool domestic micropopulation of the best world genetic resources».
For this purpose, terminology has introduced new scientific concepts, in particular, the gene pool object, status and subject. The gene pool object is defined by the breeders for the purpose of long-term storage of the minimum amount of breeding (micropopulation in situ) and genetic (ex situ conditions, in particular, cryobank) resources of a certain species, species, subspecies, breed, branch or type of farm animals.
It is proposed to distinguish three categories of gene pool objects and seven gene pool funds. The first category includes domestic gene pool objects, which are already on the brink of extinction. The second is the domestic improvement breeds (or their intrinsic types, hatchlings, populations), which at present have relatively normal numbers, non-organic structure and commercial status. The third category proposes to assign the reserve gene pool of the best foreign improvement breeds (pitch, populations).
The gene pool status is considered as an organizational form for the preservation of gene pool objects (a definite state of the subject of a tribal affair in livestock, which is determined by the type and direction of its activity, aimed at preserving the gene pool).
The gene pool entity is a subject of tribal affairs in livestock, which, in the direction of its activities, has been assigned a gene pool status, as a result of which it acts as the bearer of legal rights and obligations regarding the maintenance (maintenance of functioning) of a certain organizational form of preservation of the gene pool.
I. V. Guzev, for the first time in world practice, developed a comprehensive set of norms for the basic quantitative parameters of gene pool basic micropopulations for 35 different species of farm animals for long-term conservation by in situ method based on a three-step procedure for determining the effective population size.
2. Vinnichuk, D. T. 1991. Sohranenie genofonda : zadachi i reshenija – Conservation of the gene pool : tasks and solutions. Vestnik zoologii – Bulletin of zoology. 11:59–60 (in Russian).
3. 2015. Huzyev Ihor Viktorovych (1963–2014) : biobibliohr. pokazhch. nauk. pr. za 1987–2014 rr. / uklad. V. I. Fasolya, O. I. Mokhnachova, L. I. Ostapovets' ; (Ser. «Bibliohrafiya vchenykh-ahrariyiv Ukrayiny» ; kn. 58). Kyiv, 116 (in Ukrainian).
4. Huzyev, I. V. 2012. Metodolohiya zberezhennya bioriznomanittya henetychnykh resursiv tvarynnytstva Ukrayiny – Methodology for the conservation of biodiversity of genetic resources of livestock in Ukraine : dysertatsiya doktora sil's'kohospodars'kykh nauk – dissertation doctor of agricultural science : 06.02.01 [IRHT NAAN – IABG NAAS]. Chubins’ke, 627 (in Ukrainian).
5. Zubets', M. V., V. P. Burkat, Yu. F. Mel'nyk, I. V. Huzyev, M. Ya. Yefimenko, B. Ye. Podoba, L. O. Behma, O. D. Biryukova, I. S. Boroday, S. I. Kovtun, Yu. V. Mil'chenko, N. P. Platonova, Yu. P. Polupan, M. H. Porkhun, Ye. M. Ryasenko, O. P. Chyrkova, P. I. Sharan, Ye. Ye. Zabludovs'kyy, P. A. Trots'kyy, M. I. Sakhats'kyy, I. S. Vakulenko, V. I. Mikhno, I. A. Pomitun, V. F. Kovalenko, N. A. Martynenko, P. V. Denysyuk, O. H. Chyrkov, P. I. Pol's'ka, O. M. Tretyak, L. I. Bodnarchuk, O. V. Halahanova, and Yu. V. Lyashenko. 2007. Metodolohichni aspekty zberezhennya henofondu sil's'kohospodars'kykh tvaryn – Methodological aspects of preservation of the gene pool of farm animals. Kyiv, Ahrarna nauka, 120 (in Ukrainian).
6. Polupan, Yu. P. 2004. Guzjev Igor Viktorovych : Vcheni tvarynnyky – Guzev Igor Viktorovich : Scientists are animal breeders. Kyiv, Ahrarna nauka, 55-57 (in Ukrainian).
7. Mel'nyk, Yu. F., D. M. Mykytyuk, O. V. Bilous, N. V. Kudryavs'ka, V. P. Burkat, I. V. Huzyev, B. Ye. Podoba, P. I. Sharan, S. I. Kovtun, N. P. Platonova, Ye. M. Ryasenko, I. S. Boroday, O. P. Chyrkova, Yu. P. Polupan, K. V. Kopylov, O. D. Biryukova, M. Ya. Yefimenko, Yu. V. Mil'chenko, M. H. Porkhun, L. O. Behma, P. A. Trots'kyy, O. F. Honchar, K. O. Arnaut, M. I. Sakhats'kyy, B. M. Hopka, V. D. Brovars'kyy, I. A. Pomitun, I. S. Vakulenko, V. I. Mikhno, A. A. Hetya, V. F. Kovalenko, N. A. Martynenko, P. V. Denysyuk, O. H. Chyrkov, V. F. Iovenko, I. V. Lobachova, O. O. Katerynych, M. T. Tahirov, O. V. Tereshchenko, V. V. Bekh, S. V. Rekrut, O. M. Tretyak, L. I. Bodnarchuk, Yu. V. Lyashenko, and H. I. Pivins'ka. Prohrama zberezhennya henofondu osnovnykh vydiv sil's'kohospodars'kykh tvaryn v Ukrayini na period do 2015 roku – Program of preservation of the gene pool of main types of farm animals in Ukraine for the period till 2015. Kyiv, Aristey, 132 (in Ukrainian).
8. 2015. Systema otsinyuvannya, okhorony i rehulyuvannya henetychnykh resursiv dlya zberezhennya bioriznomanittya v tvarynnytstvi Ukrayiny zbirnyk materialiv za zavdannyam prohramy naukovo-doslidnykh robit z problemy «Zberezhennya henofondu» – The system of evaluation, protection and regulation of genetic resources for the conservation of biodiversity in livestock production in Ukraine is a collection of materials for the program of research work on the problem of "Preservation of the gene pool". Chubins’ke, 84 (in Ukrainian).
9. 2003. EAAP. – Rezhym dostupu : http://tiho-hannover.de/einricht/zucht/eaap/breedlist/ 10. Kräusslish, H., and G. Brem. 1997. Tierzucht Und Allgemeine Landwirtschaft für Tiermediziner. Stuttgart : Enke Verlag, 399–421 (in German).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.