FERTILITY OF GOATS AFFECTED OF PARASITIC DISEASES
In modern conditions of management there is a need for systematical regulation of individual stages of the animal reproduction process in order to ensure the effective use of genetic resources of the breeding stock, planning of production processes and the timing of their implementation. One of the problems of the zootechnical and veterinary sciences are parasitic diseases and pathology parturition, which relates to the urgent issues of reducing the reproductive capacity of animals and inhibits the rapid development of livestock, in particular, goats breeding. In the case of a chronic course of parasitic diseases, animals do not enter hunting or note an inferior sexual cycle and, accordingly, farmers do not receive the applause and there are significant losses in milk productivity.
The purpose of our research was to consider the main indicators characterizing reproducible ability of goats and the preservation of the offsprings in the presence of parasitic diseases. For this purpose we have applied parasitological and zootechnical methods of research. We examined 98 goats from 25 individual farms in the city Borispol. It was established that only 4,1% of our investigated 98 goats were free from parasites. 12.3% of goats were affected by one type of worms (Trichostrongylus axei), 26.5% of goats were affected by two types of worms (Trichostrongylus axei and Cooperia punctata), 21.4% – by three types of worms (Trichostrongylus axei, Cooperia punctata and Nematodirus spatiger, 20.4% – by four types of worms (Trichostrongylus axei, Cooperia punctata, Nematodirus spatiger, Ostertagia ostertagi), 10.2% – by five types of worms (Trichostrongylus axei, Cooperia punctata, Nematodirus spatiger, Ostertagia ostertagi Oesophagostomym radiatum) and 6.1% – by six types of worms (Trichostrongylus axei, Cooperia punctata, Nematodirus spatiger, Ostertagia ostertagi Oesophagostomium radiatum, Bunostomum phlebotomum). All revealed worms belonged to the Strongylata order and were pathogens gastrointestinal Strongylata infections in goats. In 25.5% of the examined animals, a significant defeat of Trichodectidae ectoparasites was observed. The analysis of the results showed the need for parasitological studies of animals kept in individual farms. The death of the goats predominantly accounts for the first 20 days of their post-embryonal life, which we observed in 77.8% of cases of death of the goats born from goats that revealed the presence of parasitic diseases. 6.4% of the goats from the coughing-affected parasites were unsatisfactory with a low clinical development status. In goats free from parasites, all born goats have a satisfactory clinical condition with high development potential.
In the article we present the prospect of conducting further parasitological studies to ensure healthy clinical condition of animals, obtaining viable young animals and full realization of the productive potential of the animal.
2. Koshovyy, V. P., M. M. Ivanchenko, P. M. Sklyarov, S. Ya. Fedorenko, O. O. Tsymerman, S. V. Naumenko. 2008. Veterynarna perynatolohiya: navch. posibnyk dlya studentiv vyshchykh navchal'nykh zakladiv – Veterinary Perinatology: a manual for students in higher educational institutions. Kharkiv, 465 (in Ukrainian).
3. Yablons'kyy, V. A., S. P. Khomyn, V. I. Zaviryukha, M. V. Demchuk, R. S. Stoyka, O. I. Serhiyenko, M. V. Kosenko, I. Ya. Kotsyumbas, S. Y. Kusen', Y. Z. Sirats'kyy. 2009. Biotekhnolohichni ta molekulyarno–henetychni osnovy vidtvorennya tvaryn – Biotechnological and molecular genetic basis of reproduction of animals. L'viv, 218 (in Ukrainian).
4. Yablons'kyy, V. A. 2009. Problemy vidtvorennya tvaryn pochatku ХІХ stolittya – Problems of reproduction of animals of the XIX century. Nauk. visnyk NUBiP Ukrayiny. – Science Bulletin of NUBiP of Ukraine. Kyiv, 136:184–188 (in Ukrainian).
5. Koshovyy, V. P. 2011. Problemy vidtvorennya ovets' ta kiz i shlyakhy vyrishennya : monohrafiya – Problems of reproduction of sheep and goats and ways of solution : monograph. Kharkiv–Dnipropetrovs'k, Hamaliya, 467 (in Ukrainian).
6. Kotel'nykov, H. A. 1991. Gel'mintologicheskie issledovanija okruzhajushhej sredy – Helminthological studies of the environment. Moscow, Rosagropromizdat, 144 (in Russian).
7. Stepanov, A. V. 1983. Laboratornaja diagnostika gel'mintozov sel'skohozjajstvennyh zhivotnyh tropicheskih stran – Laboratory diagnostics of helminthiases of farm animals in tropical countries. Moscow, 15 (in Russian).
8. Polyakov, P. A. 1953. Pryzhyznennaya dyfferentsyal'naya dyahnostyka stronhylyatozov pyshchevarytel'noho trakta zhvachnыkh po ynvazyonnыm lychynkam – Intravital differential diagnostics of intestinal larval intestinal tract strongylatoses of ruminants. Moscow, 21 (in Russian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.