CORRECTION OF FUNCTION OF OVARIES OF HIGHLY PRODUCTIVE DAIRY COWS
In scientific and production experiments on 2661 cows, the effectiveness of the use of biologically active substances in hypofunction and persistent yellow ovarian bodies was studied.
For the correction of the ovarian function of cows at different times after calving, biologically active substances were used: during hypofunction of the ovary (GPO) – trivit or tetrathine in a dose of 10–15 ml intramuscularly twice at intervals of 6–7 days, and at the second administration of vitamins – surfagon in dose of 10 ml once (folligon 1000 IO); with persistent yellow ovarian organs (PYOO) – estrofan in a dose of 2 ml once (fertagil 5 ml); at ovarian cysts they were crushed and injected 5 ml of surfagon and 2 ml of estrofan once.
In the long experiments on 1887 cows, it was established that in the correction of ovarian function by biologically active substances, the stage of excitation of the sexual cycle during the 3–18 days is 89.9% of treated animals, and their fertility from the first insemination is on average 52.2%, on the other – 30.4%.
In a special experiment conducted on 47 cows, a comparative assessment was made of the use of a surfagon and a folligon in ovarian hypofunction. Hunting was better at 12.3% of the cow, which was injected in a dose of 1000 folligon, than with the use of surfagon in a dose of 10 ml. At the same time, fertility of animals from the first insemination was almost the same (about 60%).
In the presence of persistent yellow ovarian organs (n = 42), the results of fertilization of cows from the first insemination were more effective than estrofan at a dose of 2 ml with intramuscular administration (9.3%), comparing with the use of fertagil in a dose of 5 ml.
On 140 cows of the Holstein breed, an experiment on the study of the effects of estrofan, bioestrovet and broestrofan at PYOO on the manifestation of sexual intercourse and fertility of cows was conducted. No significant difference was found between the effects of these substances. On average, the hunt was shown to be 82.8%, and was impoverished from the first insemination of 47.3%, of the second – 41.0%. There were somewhat higher indicators for ovarian function correction in the use of estrofan in a dose of 2 ml – respectively 86.5%–52.4%–42.3% and lower in the use of the broestrofan (78.6%–43.7%–39.7 %)
In experiments on 62 cows with follicular ovarian bones, which were injected with cysts by intramuscular injection of 5 ml of surfagon and 2 ml of estrofan, it was found that after that during the 15–17 days, 51 cows (82.3%) were sexually hunted, and fertility from the first insemination was 54.9%. Another 10 cows showed hunting later, and one cow was rejected.
On 483 cows, insemination of animals was studied at ovary correction at different times after calving, using surfagon in the GPO, and estrofan in the PYOO.
Experiments have shown that insemination of cows with a physiologically normal condition of the uterus in ovarian function correction provides a relatively high fertilization rate even after 21–40 days after calving.
Consequently, the experiments showed a high efficiency of correction of ovarian function in cows with the use of surfagon, folligon, estrofan and fertagil, taking into account the physiological state of the uterus.
- There is a need for a systematic clinical and gynecological examination of cows to determine the anatomical and functional state of the genitals, to identify animals that are suitable for insemination, or those requiring correction of reproductive function or treatment.
- In scientific and practical experiments it was established that during stimulation or correction of ovarian function with biologically active substances with previous research of reproductive organs, the stage of excitation of the sexual cycle during 3–15 days is shown by 89.9% of treated animals, and their fertility from the first insemination is on average 52.2%.
- It is established that the use of a surfagon and a folligon in the ovarian hypofunction is highly effective. Sexual hunting showed 83.3–95.6 treated cows, and fertility from the first insemination reached 60.0%.
- With persistent yellow ovarian organs estrofan was more effective. For 8 days, hunting was shown to be about 86.5% of cows with their fertilization after the first insemination of 52.4%.
- Insemination of cows with a physiologically normal condition of the uterus at the correction of ovarian function at different times after calving provides fertilization within the range of 51,6–65,9%. It is expedient to make correction in 40–45 days after calving of cows.
2. Klinskij, Ju. D., E. D. Bashkeev, V. E. Darovskih, and G. F. Zharkov. 1977. Metody gormonal'noj reguljacii funkcii vosproizvedenija sel'skohozjajstvennyh zhivotnyh pri promyshlennoj tehnologii – Methods of hormonal regulation of reproduction of agricultural animals in industrial technology. Gormony v zhivotnovodstve : Nauchnye trudy VASHNIL – Hormones in animal husbandry : Scientific works academy of agricultural sciences. Moscow, Kolos, 240 (in Russian).
3. Minchev, P. 1975. Geneticheskie aspekty besplodija zhivotnyh – Genetic aspects of infertility of animals. Veterinariya – Veterinary Medicine Journal. 4:104–106 (in Russian).
4. Nezhdanov, A. G, K. A. Lobodin, and G. P. Djul'ger, 2008. Gormonal'nij kontrol' za vosproizvodstvom krupnogo rogatogo skota – Genetic aspects of infertility of animals. Veterinariya – Veterinary Medicine Journal. 1:3–7 (in Russian).
5. Pavlov, A. V. 1984. Fiziologija vosproizvodstva krupnogo rogatogo skota – Physiology of reproduction of cattle. Moscow, Rossel'hozizdat, 208 (in Russian).
6. Prokof'ev, M. I. 1983. Reguljacija razmnozhenija sel'skohozjajstvennyh zhivotnyh – Regulation of reproduction of farm animals. Leningrad, Nauka, 264 (in Russian).
7. Ruban, Ju. D. 1993. Selekcija skota po tehnologicheskim priznakam (uchebnoe posobie) – Cattle breeding according to technological features (textbook). Har'kov, 66 (in Russian).
8. 1991. Tezisy dokladov Vsesojuznoj nauchno-tehnicheskoj konferencii «Ispol'zovanie gormonal'nyh preparatov v zhivotnovodstve» – Abstracts of the reports of the all-union scientific and technical conference "The use of hormonal preparations in animal husbandry". M., 158 (in Russian).
9. Kharuta, H. H., S. S. Volkov, V. V. Lotots'kyy, O. Yu. Baban', I. M. Plakhotnyuk, and A. O. Baturevych. 2009. Stymulyatsiya i synkhronizatsiya tsyklichnosti u koriv ta metody pidvyshchennya zaplidnenosti – Stimulation and synchronization of cycles in cows and fertilization methods. Bila Tserkva, 21 (in Ukrainian).
10. Chomaev, A. M., and O. S. Mitjasheva. 2009. Vlijanie razlichnyh faktorov na vosproizvoditel'nuju funkciju vysokoproduktivnyh molochnyh korov – Influence of various factors on the reproductive function of highly productive dairy cows. Zootehnija – Zootechniya. 5:27–29 (in Russian).
11. Sharapa, H. S. 1988. Neplidnist' koriv i telyts' ta borot'ba z neyu – Infertility of cows and heifers and fighting it. Kyiv, Urozhay, 136 (in Ukrainian).
12. Sharapa, G. S. 1991. Ispol'zovanie gormonal'nyh preparatov dlja povyshenija oplodotvorjaemosti korov : Tezisy dokladov Vsesojuznoj nauchno-tehnicheskoj konferencii «Ispol'zovanie gormonal'nyh preparatov v zhivotnovodstve» – Use of hormonal preparations for increasing the fertility of cows : Abstracts of the reports of the All-Union scientific and technical conference "Use of hormonal preparations in animal husbandry". Moskow, 158 (in Russian).
13. Sharapa, H. S. 2006. Metodychni rekomendatsiyi z vidtvorennya vysokoproduktyvnykh koriv – Methodical recommendations for the reproduction of high-yielding cows. Chubyns'ke, 44 (in Ukrainian).
14. Shubin, A. A., N. L. Pisakova, V. B. Novikov, and L. A. Shubina. 1994. Primenenie surfagona i biostimuljatorov dlja reguljacii vosproizvoditel'noj funkcii vysokoproduktivnyh korov – The use of surfagon and biostimulants for the regulation of the reproductive function of highly productive cows Veterinariya – Veterinary Medicine Journal. 7:35–38 (in Russian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.