PRODUCTIVE LONGEVITY OF HOLSTEIN COWS OF EUROPEAN SELECTION OF DIFFERENT LINES UNDER INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY CONDITIONS
Score productive longevity of dairy cattle is an important scientific and practical importance. It is known that among genetic factors, significant effects of linear affiliation of their parents. It is demonstrated that effective breeding subject to strict compliance with the screening system, selection and evaluation of animal breeding values reported by domestic and foreign authors. The purpose of the work was to study the influence of linear membership on productive longevity and lifetime milk productivity of Holstein cattle of European breeding. Studies carried out on cows Holstein breed using data management system dairy cattle breeding "Orsek".
Found that targeted breeding work and selection in a herd of imported European cattle breeding Holstein using information systems selection bulls MAR company CRI meets the latest requirements of the ICAR and Subcommittee on the unified international assessment of manufacturers (Interbull) contributed to a change in the number of separate lines among the cows first generation. This has led to an increase in the percentage of manufacturers lines daughters Valiant 1650414.73, Starbuc 352790.79, as well as Cheef 1427381.62. on the basis of the desired economic-useful signs.
It is established that the value of productive longevity of cows depending on linear conditioning averaged 3.1 ... 3.9 lactations. By this measure, the daughter of Starbuck's lines were superior animals Holstein breed other lines by the number of lactations: Chevalier – 0.1 or 2.6% (td = 0.25; P ≤ 0.95); Bell – 0.5 or 14.7% (td = 0.95; P ≤ 0.95); Valiant – at 0.8 or 25.8% (td = 1.52; P ≤ 0.95); Eleveyshn – 0.8 or 25.8% (td = 1.91; P ≤ 0.95); Cheef – 0.5 or 14.7% (td = 1.27; P ≤ 0.95).
It has been proven that milk productivity and milk quality of the imported Holstein cows and their offspring of domestic generation attributable to linear. The highest lifetime yield of Holstein breed cows had Starbuck lines, which outnumbered their import contemporaries other lines: Chevalier – 2818.7 kg or 8.2% (td = 0.46; P ≤ 0.95); Bell – 3404.5 kg or 10.1% (td = 0.61; P ≤ 0.95); Valiant – 5553.8 kg or 17.5% (td = 1.26; P ≤ 0.95); Eleveyshn – 7368.9 kg or 24.6% (td = 1.78; P ≤ 0.95); Cheef – 5500.5 kg or 17.3% (td = 1.38; P ≤ 0.95).
The father's genotype had a significant impact on the quality of the milk. It should be noted that cows Starbuck's line differed relatively high fat content in the milk. By this measure the superiority of animals this line over imported cows other lines: Chevalier – 0.5% (td = 2.38; P ≥ 0.95); Bell – 0.2% (td = 1.38; P ≤ 0.95); Valiant – 0.6% (td = 2.78; P ≥ 0.95); Eleveyshn – 0.4% (td = 3.23; P ≥ 0.99); Cheef - 0.2% (td = 1.44; P ≤ 0.95). However, large protein content in milk cows belonging to different lines of Bella, who on this indicator had superiority over animals other lines: Chevalier – 0.2% (td = 1.03; P ≤ 0.95); Starbuck – 0.1% (td = 0.59; P ≤ 0.95); Valiant – 0.5% (td = 2.31; P ≥ 0.95); Eleveyshn – 0.2% (td = 1.85; P ≤ 0.95); Cheef – 0.1% (td = 1.15; P ≤ 0.95).
It should be noted that only the cows first generation Valiant lines and Eleveyshn marked positive relationship between life and the content of cows in milk fat and protein (r = +0.17 ... +0.40), which may indicate the possibility of holding breeding work to improve these symptoms.
So in the breeding work it is advisable to use manufacturers of prominent lines that combine high breeding value on productivity of daughters with improving effect on the duration of their use. The results of the research show that the effective use of well-known manufacturers and imported Holstein breed brood in breeding work with dairy cattle of Ukraine. However, shortening the productive use of animals in conditions of industrial technology should serve as a stimulus to study and find ways to solve this problem.
2. Bezhanyan, I. V., and G. V. Khabarova. 2012. Produktivnoe dolgoletie korov razlichnykh liniy v stade kolkhoza «Plemzavod» Rodina» Vologodskoy oblasti – Productive longevity of cows different lines in the herd of "pedigree farm Rodina" Vologda region. Molochnokhozyaystvennyy vestnik – Dairy Farming Bulletin. 1(5):5–10 (in Russian).
3. Bydantseva, E., and O. Kavardakova. 2012. Zavisimost' produktivnogo dolgoletiya korov ot geneticheskikh faktorov – Dependence productive longevity of cows from genetic factors. Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo – Dairy and beef husbandry. 3:17–18 (in Russian).
4. Tanana, L. A., S. I. Korshun, N. N. Klimov, and E. E. Snezhko. 2015. Vlijanie linejnoj prinadlezhnosti na dolgoletie molochnogo skota – Influence of linear affiliation on longevity of dairy cattle. Molodoj uchenyj – Young Scientist. 5(2):45–47(in Russian).
5. Goncharenko, I. V. 2016. Selekcionnye indeksy v sisteme selekcii molochnyh korov i metodologicheskie aspekty ih konstruirovanija – Selection indexes in the system of dairy cows selection and methodological aspects of their constructing. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Nauk. zhurnal. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. 5(29):40–47 (in Russian).
6. Vysokos, M. P., R. V. Mylostyvyy, N. P. Tyupina, and А. О. Kalinichenko. 2015. Zoogigijenichna ocinka umov utrymannja molochnogo gurtu golshtyns'koi' hudoby za parametramy mikroklimatu monobloku korivnyka v regioni Prydniprov’ja – Hygienic assessing conditions of Holstein dairy cattle in microclimate parameters monoblock cowshed in the region Pridneprovya. Naukovo-tekhnichnyy byuleten' NDTs biobezpeky ta ekolohichnoho kontrolyu resursiv APK – Scientific and technical Bulletin of Scientific research center for Biosafety and environmental control of agro-industrial complex resources. 3(4):74–78 (in Ukrainian).
7. Kochnev, N. N., V. N. Dementev, and V. G. Marenkov. 2012. Povyshenie produktivnogo dolgoletija korov v uslovijah molochnogo kompleksa – The increase of dairy cows productive longevity under industrial dairy farm conditions. Dostizhenija nauki i tehniki APK – Achievements in science and technology of agroindustrial complex. 3:48–50 (in Russian).
8. Ovsjannikov, A. I. 1976. Osnovy opytnogo dela v zhivotnovodstve: uchebnoe posobie – Basics of an Experimental Case in Animal Husbandry: A Training Manual. Moscow, Kolos, 304 (in Russian).
9. Oleshko, V. P. 2016. Efektyvnist' dovichnoho vykorystannya importovanykh koriv – Efficiency of imported cows lifetime use. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn – Animal Breeding and Genetics. Interdepartmental thematic scientific collection. 52:49–58 (in Ukrainian).
10. Donnik, I. M., A. I. Shkuratova, O. V. Sokolova, and O. S. Bodrova. 2010. Optimizacija pokazatelej rezistentnosti i obmennyh processov – osnova povyshenija produktivnogo dolgoletija korov – Optimization of indices of resistance and metabolic processes is the basis for increasing the productive longevity of cows. Veterinarija Kubani – Veterinaria KUBANI. Scientific and practical journal. 3:20–21 (in Russian).
11. Plokhinskiy, N. A. 1969. Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov – Guide to biometrics for livestock specialists. Moskow, Kolos, 256 (in Russian).
12. Polupan, Yu. P. 2014. Efektyvnist' dovichnoho vykorystannya koriv riznykh krayin selektsiyi – Effectiveness of lifetime use cows in different countries of breeding. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. Series of Animal Husbandry. 2/2(25):14–20 (in Ukrainian).
13. Khmel'nychyy, L. M. 2016. Problema efektyvnoho dovholittya ta dovichnoyi produktyvnosti molochnykh koriv v aspekti yikhn'oyi zalezhnosti vid spadkovykh ta paratypovykh chynnykiv – The problem of effective longevity and lifetime productivity of dairy cows in terms of their dependence on hereditary and paratyc factors. Visnyk Sums'koho NAU. Nauk. zhurnal. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University, series of Animal Husbandry. 7(30):13–26 (in Ukrainian).
14. Khmel'nichiy, L. M., and V. V. Vecherka. 2016. Effektivnost' vliyaniya genealogicheskikh formirovaniy na pokazateli dolgoletiya i pozhiznennoy produktivnosti korov ukrainskoy chernopestroy molochnoy porody – Efficacy of genealogical groups on indicators of longevity and lifetime productivity cows of Ukrainian Black-and-White Dairy breed. Tavricheskiy nauchnyy obozrevatel' – Taurian scientific observer. 5(10): 23–28 (in Russian).
15. Chernenko, O. M. 2015. Molochna produktyvnist' holshtyns'kykh koriv riznykh typiv konstytutsiyi – Milk productivity of Holstein breed cows of different somatotypes. Naukovyy visnyk “Askaniya-Nova” – Scientific Bulletin "Askania-Nova". 8:104–114 (in Ukrainian).
16. Shkuratova, I. A., and N. A. Vereshhak. 2008. Korrekcija immunnogo statusa vysokoproduktivnyh korov – Correction of the immune status of highly productive cows. Veterinarija – Veterinaria. 2:11–12 (in Russian).
17. Shljahtunov, V. I., and E. M. Karpovich. 2010 Dolgoletie i pozhiznennaja molochnaja produktivnost' docherej raznyh bykov-proizvoditelej – Longevity and lifetime milk production of daughters of different bull-makers. Aktual'nye problemy intensivnogo razvitija zhivotnovodstva: sbornik nauchnyh trudov – Current problems of intensive development of animal husbandry: collection of scientific works. 13(2):127–133 (in Russian).
18. Shcherbatyj, Z. Y., and P. V. Bodnar. 2013. Tryvalist' hospodars'koho vykorystannya koriv ukrayins'koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody – Duration economic use of cows Ukrainian black and white dairy breed. Naukovyy visnyk L'vivs'koho natsional'noho universytetu veterynarnoyi medytsyny ta biotekhnolohiy imeni S. Z. Gzhyts'koho – Scientific Messenger LNUVMBT named after S.Z. Gzhytskyj. 15(55):249–259 (in Ukrainian).
19. Effa, K., D. Hunde, M. Shumiye, and R. H. Silasie. 2013. Analysis of longevity traits and lifetime productivity of crossbred dairy cows in the Tropical Highlands of Ethiopia. Journal of Cell and Animal Biology. 7(11):138–143 (in English).
20. De Vries, A. 2017. Economic trade-offs between genetic improvement and longevity in dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science. 100(6):4184–4192 (in English).
21. Tsuruta, S., D. A. L. Lourenco, I. Misztal, and T. J. Lawlor. 2017. Genomic analysis of cow mortality and milk production using a threshold-linear model. Journal of Dairy Science. 100(9):7295–7305 (in English).
22. Hutchison, J. L., P. M. VanRaden, D. J. Null, J. B. Cole, and D. M. Bickhart. 2017. Genomic evaluation of age at first calving. Journal of Dairy Science. 100(8):6853–6861 (in English).
23. VandeHaar, M. J., L. E. Armentano, K. Weigel, D. M. Spurlock, R. J. Tempelman, and R. Veerkamp. 2016. Harnessing the genetics of the modern dairy cow to continue improvements in feed efficiency. Journal of Dairy Science. 99(6): 4941–4954 (in English).
24. Compton, C. W. R., C. Heuer, P. T. Thomsen, T. E. Carpenter, C. V. C. Phyn, and S. McDougal. 2016. Invited review: A systematic literature review and meta-analysis of mortality and culling in dairy cattle. Journal of Dairy Science. 100(1):1–16 (in English).
25. Murray, B. 2013. Finding the tools to achieve longevity in Canadian Dairy cows. WCDS Advances in Dairy Technology.25:15–28 (in English).
26. Milostiviy, R. V., О. О. Kalinichenko, Т. О. Vasilenko, D. F. Milostivа, and G. S. Gutsulyak. 2017. Problematic issues of adaptation of cows of Holstein breed in the conditions of industrial technology of milk production. Scientific Messenger LNUVMBT named after S. Z. Gzhytskyj. 19(73): 28–32 (in English).
27. Chebel, R. C., Paula R. B. Silva, Márcia I. Endres, Michael A. Ballou, and Karen L. Luchterhand. 2016. Social stressors and their effects on immunity and health of periparturient dairy cows. Journal of Dairy Science. 99(4):3217–3228 (in English).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.