FOR SLAUGHTER QUALITIES OF THE OBROSHYNSKA WHITE AND GREY BREED GROUP
The results of the control slaughter of geese Obroshynska White and Grey breed groups of different age and sex were presented. It was established that age, sex and breed affiliation have a significant impact on the meat productivity. Before the slaughter live weight females of Gray geese of 60-day age dominated over White peers on 0.33, by the weight of the unprocessed carcasses – on 0.34, by the weight of the half-processed carcasses – on 0.41 (P < 0.05), by weight of processed carcasses – 0.27 (P < 0.05), by the weight of carcass with a set of gut and neck – on 0.28 kg (P < 0.05); by weight of edible parts: muscles – on 0.26 kg (P < 0.05), liver – on 7.0 g, stomach – on 1.7, heart – on 0.3; the mass of inedible parts – bones – in 0.03 kg. Later, the above indicators also showed their superiority, however this domination in 90 days age it was by no means reliable, and in 120 days age it was probable only for weight of muscles muscle on 0.27 kg (P < 0.05) and stomach weight on 60.4 g (P < 0.01), in 150 days age – by stomach weight on 63.0 g (P < 0.05). The probable prevalence of Grey males over their White peers, based on the above indicators, was established only at 90-day age for muscle mass on 0.22 kg (P < 0.05) and weight of stomach on 81.7 g (P < 0.01); in aged of 120 and 150 days – by weight of stomach on 77.7 g (P < 0.01) і 57,7 g (P < 0.05) appropriately. However, it should be noted that in certain periods of age, Grey geese yielded White on the weight of skin with subcutaneous fat, internal fat, lungs and heart but this difference was unlikely.
Geese of different sexes and different breed groups differed among themselves and in their output of slaughter products. It has been established that in most studied cases male geese of both breeds were dominating over female geese, but after the release of internal fat and skin with subcutaneous fat in all ages, the advantage was already on the side of females respectively, within the range of 0.07 – 1.03 and 0.39 – 2.00%, in White – within 0.10 – 1.93 and 0.26–2.24%. This indicates a better ability for female geese to form and accumulate fat tissue than male.
In the bird of both breed groups there were some differences in the output of slaughter products with age. Thus, after the release of half-carcasses in the process of growing from the geese of both sexes of the Obroshinsky Grey group of breeds, certain regularities were not found, and the output of the carcass of the carcass, the carcasses with a set of germs and muscle tissue increased. Simultaneously the output of internal fat and skin with subcutaneous fat decreased by 120 day aged geese, and at 150-day aged geese increased. The similar results were observed in the Obroshinsky White breed group of geese.
Regarding the change in the output of internal organs with the age of bird, the females and males of both breed groups of certain patterns were not found, these changes had a wave-like character
We have established the group-depend end differences between the outputs of livestock products in geese. In most cases Obroshynska Grey geese breed group had advantages. However, in females at 60-day-old age it was reliable only after the exit of half-carcass, patrana, patrana with a set of giblets and neck, muscle tissue, skin with subcutaneous fat and internal fat; in the 90th day of age – at the exit of half-carcass, caraway bird with a set of gut and neck, muscles, muscular stomach and kidneys; in 120-day – at the output of half-carcasses, muscles and muscular stomach; in the 150-day – at the release of muscles, skin with subcutaneous fat, internal fat, liver and muscle stomach. Male of Grey breed group in the age of 60-day-old dominated their peers by the output of caraway patrons, skin with subcutaneous fat, internal fat and lungs; in age of 90 days – by the output of half-carcass, carrion carrot with a set of giblets and neck, muscles, muscular stomach and kidneys; in the age of 120 day – by the output of the muscular stomach; in the age of 150 days – by the output of carcasses with a set of giblets and neck, internal fat, muscular stomach and lungs. At the same time, Obroshynska Grey female geese were more likely to yield to Obroshynska White female geese peers at the age of 60-days by the kidney output, at the age of 90-day – by the bone output and at the age of 120-day – by the output of muscles and skin with subcutaneous fat, and males at 60-day age – for the output of the muscular stomach and kidneys, at the age of 120 days – by the output of skin with subcutaneous fat, internal fat and lungs, and at the age of 150 days – by the output of the lungs.
With age in the poultry of both sexes of both breed groups, the ratio of meat and meat-bone index increased, and females had higher rates than males. The output of edible body parts in the experimental bird had a wave-like character, except of the 60-day age geese, – it was higher in females than in males. The stinginess of the carcasses in Obroshynska Grey group geese was decreased with age (with the exception of 90-days age females), and in Obroshinsky White breed group the changes of stinginess of the carcasses had a wave-like character, in all ages males had worse stinginess of the carcasses. It should be mentined that the meatiness of the carcasses of Grey females and males dominated White peers (with the exception of males at 120-days age), and this advantage in almost all cases was reliable. By the output of the edible parts and the meat/bone index of carcasses, gray geese was also the best (with the exception of the 120 days aged geese). At the same time, higher bone density index were noted in the geese of both sexes of Obroshynska White group geese (exception – males at 120-days age).
2. Makhonina, V. N. 2009. Opredeleniya m’yasnikh indeksov kachestva potroshenykh tushek utok i ikh chastey pri razdelki i obvalke – Determination of Duck Eviscerated Carcasses and their Parts Meat Indices during Cutting and Deboning. Ptitsa i ptitseprodukty – Poultry and Poultry Products. 6:22–25 (in Russian).
3. Orishchuk, О. S., N. A. Ruban, S. V. Tsap, V. V. Mykytiuk, and L. M. Darmohray. 2017. Produktyvnist ta zabiini pokaznyky molodniaku husei za zghodovuvannia letsytynu soi ta soniashnyku – Productivity and slaughter index of young gees feeding of soybean lecithin and sunflower. Naukovyi visnyk LNAVM im. S. Z. Hzhytskoho. – Scientific Messenger of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnologies named after S. Z. Gzhytskyj. 19(74):38–43 (in Ukrainian).
4. Polivanova, T. M. 1967. Otsenka m’yasnih kachestv tushki s-h ptitsy. Metodika po opredeleniyu i otsenke otdelnykh priznakov selektsionnogo molodnyaka ptits m’yasnikh porod – The evaluation of meat qualities of poultry carcass. The methodology of evaluation and determination of individual breed siqns of younq meat breed poultry. 17–28 (in Russian).
5. Plokhinskiy, N. A. 1969. Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov – Guide to Biometrics for livestock. Moskow, Kolos, 255 (in Russian).
6. Petriv, M. D., L. Ya. Sloboda, N. M. Zahorets, and M. M. Хomyk. 2011. Myasna produktyvnist husey obroshynskoi selektsii pry chystoporodnomu rozvedenni – Productivity of Obroshyno breeding geese at of pure-breeding reproduction. Peredhirne ta hirske zemlerobstvo i tvarynnytstvo. – Pre-mountain and mountain agriculture and stock-breeding. 53(ІІ):161–166 (in Ukrainian).
7. Petriv, M. D., L. Ya. Sloboda, N. M. Zahorets, H. V. Tesak and M. M. Хomyk 2013. Myasna ta pero-pukhova produktyvnist obroshynskyh bilykh husey, schreshchuvanykh z porodoyu lehart – Meat and Feather productivity of Obroshynsky White geese, Crossed with the Legart Breed. Peredhirne ta hirske zemlerobstvo i tvarynnytstvo. – Pre-mountain and mountain agriculture and stock-breeding. 55(ІІ):142–148(in Ukrainian).
8. Suhanova, S. F. 2017. Myasnaya produktivnost gusey v zavisimosti ot vozrasta – Meat productivity of geese depending on age. Naukovyi vestnyk Kurganskoy GSHA. – Scientific Messenger of Kurgan State Agricultural Academy by T. S. Maltsev. – 1:54–60 (in Russian).
9. Toboev, G. M. 2008. Myasnyie kachestva gusyat landskoy porodyi – Meat guality of Landsky breed geese. Ptitsevodstvo – Poultry breeding. 1:45 (in Russian).
10. Fisinin, V. I. 2003. Polnotsennoe pitanie ptitsy – Kachestvo i rentabel'nost' produktsii – Nutrition birds – Quality and protability of products. Sbornik dokladov tret'ei Mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii «Sovremennoe kombikormovoe proizvodstvo i perspektivy ego razvitiia» – Proceedings of the third International conference «Modern animal feed production and prospects of its development». 23–36 (in Russian).
11. Fisinin, V. I. 1988. Otsenka kachestva kormov, organov, tkanei, yits i miasa ptitsy – Assessment of quality of forages, organs, tissues, eggs and poultry meat. Metodicheskoe rukovodstvo VNITIP – Methodological guidance VNITIP. Sergiev Posad, 114 (in Russian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.