AGE AND SEX FEATURES THE INDICATORS OF THE NATURAL NONSPECIFIC RESISTANCE OF GUTSUL BREED HORSES
Horses of Gutsul horse breed are native breed for Gutsul region of Eastern Carpathians. Skilled human using performance-keeping livestock of farm animals influence primarily on to the adaptive and protective properties of the body of farm animals.
The study aimed to research the age and sex characteristics of natural resistance of Gutsul breed horses will promote the formation of measures to improve animal productivity, and will promote for all-round understanding of the unique breed postembryonic during ontogeny.
The studies aim was to investigate age dynamics of non-specific resistance of the organism Gutsul breed horses of different sexes.
The study was conducted during the 2013-2017 years. The blood samples (n = 96) of healthy horses (n = 28) Gutsul breed were analyzed. Material for the study was given from horses that were in proper diet and kept under the same conditions of Pre-Carpathians.
The horses age and sex categories were formed as follows: foals 6 months (just weaned), 1 year, 1.5 years; mares and stallions aged 2 and 3 years; mares (blank), horses (before coupling period), geldings aged 6, 9, 12.
To study the resistance of animals in whole blood such parameters were determined: protein fractions, amount of total protein of serum of blood, bactericidal activity of serum of blood (BASB), lysocym activity of serum of blood (LASB) index of completed phagocytosis (ICP).
Analysis of non-specific resistance of the organism in the classic cluster for these studies (total protein, protein fractions, BASB, LASB, ICP) found that Gutsul breed horses are well adapted to living conditions in the territory Pre-Carpathians in all chosen by our time. The value of the studied parameters depended on the age and sex of the individual from whom the samples.
To the onset of puberty horses the content of total protein increased its value. In all age categories the content of total protein was higher in stallions. Later, with age, although the total protein was increasing, but it was not significant when comparing the results for each gender in particular.
Protein fractions of Gutsul breed horses recorded that the foals had the highest relative content of albumin, the lowest - γ-globulins. With age, albumin content changed in waves, but the albumin / globulin ratio remained high in the 12-year-old individuals with almost identical values for particles and geldings and mares, but indexes of ratio were significantly higher for stallions.
The relative content of γ-globulin fraction of horses of different sexes increased with age, and in mares, starting year and a year and half of age, content γ-globulin was significantly higher than the rates the content of the fractions in the blood stallions appropriate age. Differences of γ-globulin fractions between mares and geldings were statistically unreliable.
The dynamics of age changes BASB and LASB set like jump improving of these indicators from 6 months to a year and a year and half old and continue their stabilization occurred at 85-91-89% for BASB and 25-31-27% for LASB to mares, stallions, geldings, respectively.
The indexes of ICP were already high at 6 months of age (0,84-0,9 st.un.). The level of adult the indexes of ICP out in the first year of life (for 0,87-0,93-0,89 st.un. for mare-stallions and geldings, according to).
Thus, both humoral and cellular resistance performance is not constant. These indexes changed according to physiological status. In stallions, compared with mares, almost all ages favor and ICP indicators were higher. The content of γ-globulins were lower, while in females, respectively, recorded an opposite picture. Most indicators of natural resistance of the organism geldings were lower than stallions, showing the same trend, similar to the body of female horses.
2. Adams L.G., Schutta C.J. 2010. Natural Resistance Against Brucellosis: A Review. The Open Veterinary Science Journal. 4: 61-71.
3. Adamu A., Noraniza M.A., Rasedee A., Bashir A. 2012. Effect of age and performance on physical, hematological, and biochemical parameters in endurance horses. Journal of Equine Veterinary Science. XXX: 1–6.
4. Perryman L.E., Jerzy K. 1989. Choroby zakazne i inwazyjne. Cz II. – Defekty immunologiczne u koni. Med. wet. 45(9–10): 515–518.
5. Tsang C.W., Lazarus R., Smith W. 1998. Hematological indices in an older population sample: derivation of healthy reference values. Clin. Chem. 44: 96–101.
6. Babik, N. P, Ye. I. Fedorovych and I. M. Hurs'kyy 2014. Vikovi osoblyvosti pryrodnoyi rezystentnosti molodnyaku volyns'koyi m"yasnoyi porody v umovakh L'vivshchyny – Age features natural resistance of young Volyn meat breed in terms of Lviv. Visnyk Sums'koho natsional'noho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya «Tvarynytstvo». – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. The series "Animal". 2/2 (25):21–26. (in Ukrainian).
7. Bitjukov, E. I, and N. A. Minenkov. 2012. Izmenenie baktericidnoj i lizocimnoj aktivnosti syvorotki krovi v raznye fazy vosproizvodstva u korov – Change in bactericidal and lysozyme activity of blood serum in different phases of reproduction in cows. Vestnik Kurskoj gosudarstvennoj sel'skohozjajstvennoj akademii - Bulletin of the Kursk State Agricultural Academy. 4:55–57 (in Ukrainian).
8. Zabrodskiy, P. F., V. G. Germanchuk. 2005. Narushenie nespecificheskoy rezistentnosti organizma i funksii sistemy immuniteta pri ostrom otravlenii nitrilami – Violation of nonspecific resistance of the organism and the function of the immune system in acute poisoning by nitriles. Saratov, 117 (in Russian).
9. Kruglyak, O. V., and I. S. Martynyuk 2016. Ekonomichni zasady zberezhennya henofondu lokal'nykh i znykayuchykh porid sil's'kohospodars'kykh tvaryn Ukrayiny – Economic bases of gene pool of local and endangered breeds of farm animals species preservation in Ukraine. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn. Mizhvidomchyy tematychnyy zbirnyk – Animal Breeding and Genetics. Interdepartmental thematic collection. 52: 211-220 (in Ukrainian).
10. Kolb, V. G., V. S. Kamyshnikova. 1982. Spravochnik po klinicheskoy khimii. 2-e izd., pererab. i dop – Handbook of clinical chemistry. Minsk, 366 (in Russian).
11. Kuziv, M. I. 2012. Liniynyy rist, morfolohichni i biokhimichni pokaznyky krovi ta pryrodna rezystentnist' telyts' ukrayins'koyi chorno- ryaboyi molochnoyi porody do richnoho viku – Linear growth, morphological and biochemical parameters of blood and natural resistance heifers Ukrainian black and white dairy cattle to age. Biolohiya tvaryn. – Biology of animals. 14(1-2): 25–32. (in Ukrainian).
12. Lakin, G. F. 1990. Biometriya: uchebnoe posobie dlya vuzov – Biometrics: a textbook for universities. Moscow, Vysshaya shkola, 352 (in Russian).
13. Masljanko, R.P. 1987. Mehanizmy fagocitarnoj reakcii u zhivotnyh – Mechanisms of phagocytic reaction in animals. Sel'skohozjajstvennaja biologija – Agricultural Biology. 11: 97-107 (in Russian).
14. Men'shikov, V. V. 1987. Laboratornye metody issledovaniy v klinike – Laboratory research methods in clinic. Moscow, Medicina, 368 (in Russian).
15. Kondrakhin, I. P. 2004. Metody veterinarnoy klinicheskoy laboratornoy diagnostiki: Spravochnik – Methods of veterinary clinical laboratory diagnostics: Reference book. Moscow, Kolos, 520 (in Russian).
16. Motuzko, N. S. and Ju. I. Nikitin 1990. Vozrastnye kriticheskie periody rezistentnosti i ih korrekcija timalinom u jagnjat – Age-critical periods of resistance and their correction with timalin in lambs. Fiziologicheskie i biohimicheskie osnovy povyshenija produktivnosti sel'skohozjajstvennyh zhivotnyh, ptic i pushnyh zverej. – Sb. nauch. tr. Leningr. vet. in-t. - Physiological and biochemical basis for increasing the productivity of farm animals, birds and fur-bearing animals. Collection scientific works. Leningrad veterinary institute. 11: 101–107 (in Russian).
17. Pljashhenko, S.I. and V.T. Sidorov. 1979. Estestvennaja rezistentnost' organizma zhivotnyh – Natural resistance of the animal body. Leningrad: Kolos, 183 (in Russian).
18. Simonov, M.R., I.M. Petrukh and V.V. Vlizlo 2014. Zastosuvannya preparatu «Remivital» pry patolohiyi pechinky u khvorykh na ketoz koriv – Using of the drug "Remivital" for cows with ketosis with liver disease. Biolohiya tvaryn – Animal biology. 16(3): 204 (in Ukrainian).
19. Fedorovych, V.V. Pryrodna rezystentnist' koriv kombinovanykh porid v umovakh zakhidnoho rehionu Ukrayiny – The natural resistance of cows breeds combined in the western region of Ukraine. Rozvedennya i henetyka tvaryn. – Animal Breeding and Genetics. 48: 136–143 (in Ukrainian).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.