CHARACTERISTICS OF THE PRODUCTIVITY OF THE MOLDOVAN TYPE OF TSIGAY SHEEP
The studies were conducted from 2012 up to 2016 years in the Agricultural Production and Consumption Cooperative for the production of seeds "Elita-Alexanderfield" of the Cahul district and at theTechnological Experimental Station "Maximovka" in the District AneniiNoi on a number of sheep of different sex-age groups of the Moldavian type of Tsigay sheep ..
Growth and development of lambs were studied with the way of individual weighing of young animals at weaning at 3-3.5 month and 6-7 month in accordance with generally accepted methods and on the basis of "Recommendations on the technology of production of sheep breeding in the Republic of Moldova". The class assessment of young animals was carried at 12-13 months of age in accordance with the "Instruction forbonitization of sheep semitone-root breeds with elements of breeding work." Also were taken into account individual cuttings and live weight of adult livestock before the breeding campaign, productive indicators of breeding sheep selected in the selection grouprams, ewes, repair lambs and (she) lambs.
During theinvestigated periodin both farmshugged6,579 heads of ewes and were obtained7010 lambs. Fecundity of ewes was 106.6%, in the number of twinswere born 862 lambs or 12.3%.
At the age of 3 - 3,5 months were evaluated 1743 of lambs and 2517 of (she)lambs. The lambs had a living weight of 24.45 kg with a wool length of 6.18 cm andat the(she) lambs, respectively, 21.85 kg and 5.99 cm. At lambs , the live weight was with 2.6 kg higher and the wool length 0.19 cm in relation to(she) lambs (P ≤ 0.001).
From theevaluated 1743lambs, to the 3-5 points with a high energy of growth are attributed 697 (39.9%) of the heads and for (she) lambs 1729, which is 68.7%. The live weight of sheep in the range from 25.94 kg to 31.38 kg and at (she) lambs 21.51 - 26.29 kg. Young animals that received 3-5 points are recommended tobe grown for herd repair andimplementation of other peasant and farm households.
When assessing at 12-13 months of age for lambs to classelitebelong 402 heads or 96.9%. The live weight was 49.05 kg, the wool cut was 4, 84 kg with the length of the staple 12.66 cm. The percentage of elite(she) lambs was lower in comparison with the lambs and was45.6%, and the productivity index was 40.59 kg, 4.09 kg and 12.5 cm.
When assessing the productivity of the sheep of the main flock for wool cut and live weight, it was revealed that the live weight of the rams in theinvestigated two farms is the same at 70.97 and 70.91 kg. According to the ewes, the living mass in theTechnological Experimental Station "Maximovka" is 52.45 ± 0.22 kg, and in the Agricultural Production and Consumption Cooperative for the production of seeds "Elita-Alexanderfield" 53.22 ± 0.08, which is higher by 0.77 kg (P ≤ 0.001). Among the rams, the wool cuttings in the TES Maksimovkawere 6.18 ± 0.23 kg, which is higherin relation to the obtained results in the APCC "ElitaAlexanderfeld"5.21 ± 0.05 by 0.97 kg, according to the ewes respectively 3.96 ± 0.03 kg, 3.41 ± 0.01 kg and 0.55 kg. For both sex-age groups, the difference is significant P ≤ 0.001.
In selective groups, the intensity of selection obtained from rams was 41.8%; , ewes 70.5%; repair lambs 65.8% andrepair(she) lambs 15.1%.
Differentiation of selection , that is, the difference of the productivity of the animals of the breeding group and in the whole in the herd, at the rams for the live weight 7.77 kg and wool cut 1.65 kg, atewesrespectively 2.99 and 1.38 kg,at the repair lambs 2,26 and 1,38 kg at and the repair (she) lambs 6,50 and 1,19 kg.
2. Dovbush, F.M. 1968. Ovtsevodstvo v sovkhoze «Pobeda» – Sheep farming in the state farm"Pobeda". Kartya Moldovenyaske» – "Moldovan Book", Kishinev, 63 (in Russian).
3. Dovbush, F.M. 1972. Sostoyanie ovtsevodstva v Moldavii i puti povysheniya ego produktivnosti (obzor). N.I. Bogdanovich – Bogdanovich N.I., Kishinev, 55 (in Russian).
4. Il'ev, F.V., I.I. Mogoryanu, F.I. Idzhilov, and V.I. Spiridonov 1972. Kharakteristika tsigayskikh ovets mestnogo tipa – Characteristics of local Tsigay sheep. Tr. Kishinevskogo SKhI “Voprosy uvelicheniya proizvodstva produktsii zhivotnovodstva” – Pub. Chisinau Agricultural Institute "Issues of increasing livestock production", Kishinev, 98:152-158 (in Russian).
5. 1997. Instruktsiya po bonitirovke ovets polutonkorunnykh porod s elementami plemennoy raboty – Instructions for the boning of sheep semi-fine cattle with elements of breeding work. Kishinev, 46, (in Russian).
6. Plokhinskiy, N.A. 1978. Matematicheskie metody v zhivotnovodstve – Mathematical methods in animal husbandry. Izdatel'stvo Moskovskogo universiteta – Publishing house of Moscow University. 265 (in Russian).
7. 1992. Rekomendatsii po tekhnologii proizvodstva produktsii ovtsevodstva v Respublike Moldova. – Recommendations on the technology of production of sheep products in the Republic of Moldov, Kishinev, Moldagroinformreklama, 84 (in Russian).
8. Buzu, I., F.Dovbuş, O. Maşner, P.Liuţcanov, E.Buboc, V.Radionov, G.Darie, S.Arnautov, N.Rusandu, S.Camenşcic, S.Cereseu, M.Scripnic, and V.Babenco. 2007. Tip de elită de ovine (Ovis aries L.) Ţigaie Moldovenesc. Brevet de invenţie MD 3440 (in Moldova).
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.